Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I clean cloth/vinyl type roller blinds?

Options
  • 17-11-2008 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Would much appreciate any advice on how to clean the above, they are up in the kitchen and getting very yellowed and discoulered and dirty looking from cooking and smoke etc. Wife is on my case for weeks now and i have to act now!
    Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Found some info on other sites about this as I have the same problem!

1. Soak them overnight in a weak solution of Milton (or sterilising fluid from the mother and baby section at the supermarket will do) - about 1 cap in a bucketfull of water. Make sure you test it on a small patch first because sometimes it can bleach things or make them change colour.
    2. Or fill bath up with hot water and add washing powder and a tiny drop of bleach and leave them to soak till clean.Then rinse them through and hang them on your washing line.If they have metal bits on dont use the bleach.

I haven't tried either yet but I will remove all metal bits and soak in the bath.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭10-10-20

If you have grease on the blinds, you need something other than milton to cut through it.
    I used a kitchen cleaner (Mr Muscle) on mine.
    Worked a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You can also get special blind cleaning solutions, but they're probably no different to the washing powder / bleach combinations suggested above really.

Advertisement