Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New canon XL-1. I need help

• 17-11-2008 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello everyone.. Not only am I new to this site, I'm also relatively new computers in general. Recently a Canon XL-1 3ccd camera came to be in my possesion, it arrived with a whole pile of accessories like extra lenses, microphones, what appaers to be a fairly hi-end tripod, something called a sony mini dv recorder (GV-D300 NTSC), and various other goodies like rain covers, flight cases, cables... but no manuals for any of this stuff!
    Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to use this stuff and how to connect to my laptop (an ACER6920)? Do I need software to edit footage? please help..

How much is all this stuff worth roughly anyway?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jonathan13

Hi,

You may try canon website if they have a download page for your canon. You have a good prof cam, you may connect your canon thru a firewire cable if your laptop is equiped with a firewire port. If you want to edit simple videos, you may use windows movie maker. You may also check ebay for current price. Hope it helps..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

That stuff sounds errmm.. "hot"!! Good luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 flatlander08

Thanks for the advice and no, the stuff isn't "hot". My girlfriend had invested some money into a filming company and when it went under they packed everything up nicely in the original boxes and had the whole works shipped back to her. sweet deal eh? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 angelinalove

I have recently bought a digital camera canon with 1GB memory of 7.1 mp.
    It resulting awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I have recently bought a digital camera canon with 1GB memory of 7.1 mp.
    It resulting awesome.

the mind boggles !

• Advertisement
Advertisement