Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Banking - what are your views

Options
  • 17-11-2008 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Could you live without doing your banking online?

Is it really only getting popular now because it has taking a while for people to trust?

I myself find it incredible and the time it saves me is phenomenal. So it must be the way forward for many a business!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

I have been using it for years and find it great. The thoughts of going back to queues and dragging around in wet weather just makes me shudder!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Could you live without doing your banking online?

Is it really only getting popular now because it has taking a while for people to trust?

I myself find it incredible and the time it saves me is phenomenal. So it must be the way forward for many a business!

Could not live without it! Am on it most days. It's just so bloody handy on a day-to-day basis for checking balances, what transactions have gone through and transferring money to friends etc. Then there are all the irregular features that save you having to go to your local branch and queue)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I wish more people would use the damm thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Online banking all the way, I've been using it for some 8 years now?

I actually switched from BOI to Halifax because I couldn't stand BOI online banking system. It's a joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

herya wrote: »
    Online banking all the way, I've been using it for some 8 years now?

I actually switched from BOI to Halifax because I couldn't stand BOI online banking system. It's a joke!

And Halifax is better? Remember these are the crowd who can't even get credit cards up online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I do nearly all my banking online using BOI, FA, NIB & Rabo mostly.

Couldn't do without. In order of preference, I'd rate NIB first, followed by FA, Rabo and BOI following far behind (mostly due to the horrible funds transfer screen & the fact there's still paper corrsepondence to set up a new payee).

If only someone could find an online way of depositing bagged up coin. I had to lug €220 worth of change into College Green last week. It's amazing how much it weighs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm in the bank once every 6 months. Without online banking I'd probably be in there a huge amount more.

Online banking .. I don't know how I could operate a bank account one or my day to day finances without it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

I find AIB excellent to use, heard BOI is difficult enough.

Advertisement