Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alexander Nevsky score.anywhere to download legally?

Options
  • 17-11-2008 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Edit: Sorry meant to put Recording not _score_ don't know what I was thinking

Hi I'm just wondering if anybody has an idea of a site that would have Sergei Prokofievs soundtrack to this film available for download, since this film was made in 1939 it should be long out of copywrite and available legally (I think)
    thanks very much
    ps have looked on archive.org and a few record shops for this but haven't seen it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

First place to look for scores online is www.imslp.org. If it's not up there, they have links to various other sites which might have it.

If you're still stuck after that, I used to have a list of Russian-language sites - I can try to dig that up for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭RDM_83

Thanks very much just realised for some reason I wrote score instead of recording :confused: thanks very much though for that answer because that site looks quite usefull

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Yeah, IMSLP's a wonder. It's the first place I go to look for scores.

For recordings, I doubt there's one online, but a decent directory is www.classiccat.com. Or .org, I can't remember.

I think you'd be better off looking for a cheap remaster than a free recording though tbh.

Advertisement