Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

replacing a pulley tension wheel 4 a 1.9 VW diesel passat

Options
  • 17-11-2008 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Is it easy/possible to replace a pulley belt tension wheel on the above car 1.9vw diesel saloon VW passat ,year 2000.i,m fairly experienced re fixing cars ,replacing exhaust,brake ,wheel disks etc.it think it has 1 bolt .i,m not sure, any advice would be helpful, or would i need to get a expert to do it.I HAVE SPANNER,KITS etc jacks, ie the basic tools for installing parts on a car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

You have to pull it back with a spanner and inset a pin or something, then remove the belt. I think there is about 3 bolts going through it.
    See HERE.

Its a little awkward but not a difficult task.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

THE present pulley wheel is buckled,so would i need a mechanic to take out the old wheel?Does anyone know any website or book that would have detailed info,or diagrams re the pulley wheel replacement ?MY vw passat repair/maintensnce handbook has no advice,info regarding replacing pulley wheel.is there a good website re VW passat repairs ,maintenance info?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭scaldybelt

When my t-belt was done earlier in the year they had to do this replacement also. I recall the mechanic complaining about the amount of bodywork that had to be stripped off for it all.

Advertisement