Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldo "I am the 1st, 2nd, 3rd best in world

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,447 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Needsless **** stiring there - all he is saying is he would have prefered that one of his own players got it - not that Ronaldo should not have got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

redout wrote: »

Haha quality, can't wait to see how everyone reacts to this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Now another Giant of the game speaks out about Ronaldo not deserving it:

Lippi: Italy Players Deserve Ballon d'Or, Not Ronaldo

The Italian coach doesn't believe Ronaldo deserved to win it and he insists he would have given it to Italian players instead...

Italy coach Marcello Lippi has tried to play down Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo's Ballon d'Or win by suggesting there is no big deal about it.

The Manchester United ace scooped the award, with Juventus man Gianluigi Buffon appearing in 18th place - the top candidate from Italy.

Lippi believes the only reason Ronaldo won is because football coaches don't vote for the winner and he reveals he would have given it to his Italian national team players.

"Ronaldo won the Ballon d'Or because European journalists voted for him," Lippi told Sky Sport Italia.

"I thought that either Lionel Messi or Ronaldo would have won.

"If it was me then I would have given the award to all my Italian squad players as they are my golden ball winners.

"Everytime I make my squad selection, every player which I pick is a Ballon d'Or winner."

Alessandro Del Piero has constantly been snubbed by the coach but he insists it doesn't matter. The Juventus man has never won the golden ball but Lippi thinks he doesn't need to.

"Del Piero? He has won the World Cup," concluded the coach.

Two top manager's and counting.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2008/12/02/992233/lippi-italy-players-deserve-ballon-dor-not-ronaldo

You really are just trying to stir the pot, aren't you.

Second manager to say he would have liked one of his pwn players to get it. SHOCKING!

Do you actually read what they say and the context, or are you a tabloid editors dream. "I read the headline and thats all i needed to know"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Everyone looking out for their own interests shock :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I've said this before, and said it again, until Ronaldo scores a hattrick in the CL final, people will still try to dismiss him.

Personally, I'm pretty happy with having him in my team and will enjoy it until he leaves. Guaranteed league challenge pretty much on his own. No other player in the world can offer that. For me the league is always more important than the cups. There's no other player in the world I would prefer to have. None.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

PHB wrote: »
    I've said this before, and said it again, until Ronaldo scores a hattrick in the CL final, people will still try to dismiss him.

Personally, I'm pretty happy with having him in my team and will enjoy it until he leaves. Guaranteed league challenge pretty much on his own. No other player in the world can offer that. For me the league is always more important than the cups. There's no other player in the world I would prefer to have. None.

No other player? I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous!

You really are just trying to stir the pot, aren't you.

Second manager to say he would have liked one of his pwn players to get it. SHOCKING!

Do you actually read what they say and the context, or are you a tabloid editors dream. "I read the headline and thats all i needed to know"

The Special one thought it was a joke.
    The Special one speaks:

Mourinho: Ronaldo Didn't Deserve Ballon d'Or

The coach chuckled at hearing the news Ronaldo won the prestigious award and he insists one of his players deserved it more...

Inter coach Jose Mourinho has stunned everyone with his response when asked to give his views on Cristiano Ronaldo's Ballon d'Or win.

Ronaldo became the third Portuguese player to have won the Golden Ball after Eusebio and Luis Figo but Mourinho scoffed at the achievement and he revealed he would have preferred to have seen someone else lift it.

Asked by Sky Italia about the Ronaldo win and whether he had any praise for the star, Mourinho said, "No, I would have preferred one of my own foreign players to have won the Ballon d'Or."

The coaches' words are likely to cause controversy around the world. The 'Special One' didn't even recognise his fellow countryman's achievement with praise.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1707/inter/2008/12/02/992157/mourinho-ronaldo-didnt-deserve-ballon-dor

and Lippi said he did not deserve it and the only reason he won was because football coaches dont vote for the winner.
    Now another Giant of the game speaks out about Ronaldo not deserving it:

Lippi: Italy Players Deserve Ballon d'Or, Not Ronaldo

The Italian coach doesn't believe Ronaldo deserved to win it and he insists he would have given it to Italian players instead...

Italy coach Marcello Lippi has tried to play down Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo's Ballon d'Or win by suggesting there is no big deal about it.

Lippi believes the only reason Ronaldo won is because football coaches don't vote for the winner and he reveals he would have given it to his Italian national team players.

"Ronaldo won the Ballon d'Or because European journalists voted for him," Lippi told Sky Sport Italia.

"I thought that either Lionel Messi or Ronaldo would have won.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2008/12/02/992233/lippi-italy-players-deserve-ballon-dor-not-ronaldo

I can read. Can you ?

Where did mourinho say it was a joke, and Lippi said he thought Messi or Ronaldo would win it.

You are just trying to stir the pot. Adding to what people are quoted to have said to make it more than it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

PHB wrote: »
    There's no other player in the world I would prefer to have. None.

I bet he'd be happy to reciprocate too :D

Where did mourinho say it was a joke, and Lippi said he thought Messi or Ronaldo would win it.

You are just trying to stir the pot. Adding to what people are quoted to have said to make it more than it is.

Are you blind ? Can you not read the article from the links. Mourinho chuckled because it was not funny and Lippi did not say Ronaldo only won because football coaches did not vote for it. I think an appointment at specsavers is in order.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Ronaldo-

goals-check
    dribbling-meh
    assists-meh
    workrate-lol
    vision-not the may west
    strenght-stong boy, but fond of being on his arse
    attitutde-stinks

i aint denying Ronaldo deserves the award neil, he does.

but he won it cause of his goals.

Ronaldo is one of the most dangerous dribblers in the game!

He also gets more "assists" (last pass) than you give him credit for.

LOL @ "workrate - lol"

His goals would be the main factor but he played some awesome stuff last year overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Are you blind ? Can you not read the article from the links. Mourinho chuckled because it was not funny and Lippi did not say Ronaldo only won because football coaches did not vote for it. I think an appointment at specsavers is in order.
    I think you're just posting for the sake of seeing words at this stage...

Regardless, it's not worth engaging with you anymore.

He won. Deal with it :)

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

YESSSSSSSSSS

Dave! wrote: »
    I think you're just posting for the sake of seeing words at this stage...

Regardless, it's not worth engaging with you anymore.

He won. Deal with it :)

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

YESSSSSSSSSS

And if you actually bothered to look I congratulated him about three pages back !

He chuckled.... OH NO! Also, this is the man who insulted Ronaldo based on the fact he was poor when he was growing up - when it comes to Ronaldo at least, Mourinho is the last person I would listen too.

As for lippi's comments....

Ronaldo - Uefa Footballer of the year - voted for by coaches.
    Ronaldo - FIFpro player of the year - voted for by players.
    Ronaldo - European Footballer of the year - voted for by journalists.

Hmmm.....

Also, all Lippi said was he won because it is voted for by journalists. that is a FACT. He also said he thought it would either be Messi or Ronaldo who would win it. I suppose you actually believe all 23 members of the italian squad should have been named Ballon D'Or winner, given that is what Lippi said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

He chuckled.... OH NO! Also, this is the man who insulted Ronaldo based on the fact he was poor when he was growing up - when it comes to Ronaldo at least, Mourinho is the last person I would listen too.

As for lippi's comments....

Ronaldo - Uefa Footballer of the year - voted for by coaches.
    Ronaldo - FIFpro player of the year - voted for by players.
    Ronaldo - European Footballer of the year - voted for by journalists.

Hmmm.....

Also, all Lippi said was he won because it is voted for by journalists. that is a FACT. He also said he thought it would either be Messi or Ronaldo who would win it. I suppose you actually believe all 23 members of the italian squad should have been named Ballon D'Or winner, given that is what Lippi said.

Yup. There's a lot of preciousness on the thread. Mourinho is not exactly a "classy" fella, and Lippi seems to just be boosting his squad profile, while making the correct observation that the award is a journalist one. And predicting (what insight!) who'd win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

so basically Dossena should've won the Ballon D'Or.....we're all agreed?

then how could Diggler have won it?

true.....joint award so to the two lads.

done and done.

peppi rossi tbh!

• Advertisement

If this is true then I have just lost a whole heap of respect for this man. How can he honestly come out with such a statement. If any true United supporters on here agree with this then you should be shot. This is going beyond preposterous.

Cristiano Ronaldo is Manchester United's best ever says Sir Bobby Charlton

AA84C163-F96D-44F3-3A58297502935A2E.jpg
    Sir Bobby Charlton paid newly-crowned European Footballer of the Year Cristiano Ronaldo the ultimate compliment by hailing him as the best player in Manchester United's history.

Ronaldo became the first United hero to lift the prestigious Ballon d'Or for 40 years after being confirmed as the overwhelming winner last night, and will receive the award at a gala ceremony in Paris on Sunday.

The 23-year-old, who scored 42 goals last season as United won the Premier League and Champions League, can now take his rightful place alongside Old Trafford legends and fellow former winners Denis Law (1964), Charlton (1966) and George Best (1968).

But Charlton said Ronaldo can lay claim to being the most gifted United player ever because he is quicker and stronger than Best, who has long been regarded as their brightest star.

"It was paradise watching George play, just as it is now with Ronaldo," said Charlton.

"The difference is that Ronaldo is stronger and faster.
    "George had the ability to turn people inside out, and beat anyone he liked. He was as good as anyone you will see. He used to embarrass players time and time again.

"Yes, he could also be frustrating, he held on to the ball for too long. You'd get into a good position and hope he'd pass, but most of the time he didn't. But George usually scored or made the keeper make a save."

Ronaldo, who is set to make it a double by picking up the FIFA World Player of the Year award, is the first Premier League star to be voted Europe's top player since Michael Owen in 2001.

Charlton's claim that Ronaldo is the best player United have had is backed up by his impressive haul of honours in just five years at Old Trafford following his £12.24million move from Sporting Lisbon in the summer of 2003.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

This is going beyond preposterous.

If you mean this thread then absolutely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

jaykay74 wrote: »
    If you mean this thread then absolutely

Completely agree and here's why:

taken from: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_4579209,00.html

It is the persistent scrutiny of his personality as well as his career that is frustrating the forward after he was allegedly quoted as saying he would finish first, second and third in the crowning of the European Footballer of the Year award.

Irritated
    He added: "I have started to get tired of denying things. Anyone who knows me knows I would never make such a statement, it is absurd and abusive.

"It would not be right to show my professional colleagues so little respect and, as well as that, it's not what I think.

"I have come to understand that every movement I make, on or off the pitch is analysed to death.

"If I don't celebrate goals, it is because I am sad, if I don't talk to the public it is because I have lost my humility.

"In other words my slightest gesture always gets every type of criticism. People are always waiting for me to do something and they pick on absolutely normal and unimportant things to criticise.

"They analyse things that have nothing unusual about them through a magnifying glass. But I will always be the same regardless of what happens on or off the pitch.

"People only criticise the best, so what else can I say? Just that I am damned if I do and damned if I don't."

Ronaldo doesnt like the media scrutiny ay?

wat did he do before the season kicked off again?

Oh yea, went to hollywood to whore himself, thats correct.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Ronaldo doesnt like the media scrutiny ay?

wat did he do before the season kicked off again?

Oh yea, went to hollywood to whore himself, thats correct.

Lol, he said he's tired of trying to deny rumours and supposed comments made by him, what's that got to do with media scrutiny. He didn't make the comment about being 1st, 2nd or 3rd best, that's the whole point.

deisedevil wrote: »
    He didn't make the comment about being 1st, 2nd or 3rd best, that's the whole point.

emm........ he did make it. It was quoted in dozens newspapers around the world. It was to a Brazilian newspaper or radio before the Portugal Brazil game a couple of weeks back. He made it in jest is what I think he means.

emm........ he did make it. It was quoted in dozens newspapers around the world. It was to a Brazilian newspaper or radio before the Portugal Brazil game a couple of weeks back. He made it in jest is what I think he means.

Ahhhh, sorry, that's what I meant! He made a tongue in cheek comment and he didn't make it thinking it was actually the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

How about Fernando Torres and 33 goals in his first season in english football. He has also scored against Chelsea and Arsenal in his first season. Ronaldo is into his sixth season now and in four of them thus far he could not score against any of the big three (Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool) Is that a good enough answer for you ?

this is the stupidest post i have read in a long time....for various reasons

anyways, Congrats to Ronnie and it was never really in doubt was it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,129 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

kryogen wrote: »

anyways, Congrats to Ronnie and it was never really in doubt was it
    Wow.. luckily you told me that was a stupid post or the facts might have clouded my judgement

How is it stupid exactly ? I was responding to the post below were the guy argue's that Ronaldo was new to the premier league, didn't speak the language and was 18 and does not expect any youngster to make an immediate impact against the top 3.

Torres

New to Premiership : check
    Didn't speak language: check
    18: Torres 22
    Impact against top 3: check, 3 goals (1 Chelsea, 2 Arsenal)

The only thing that could be argued was the age difference and still 22 is young is it not ?

Fact is Ronaldo has six goals in potentially 45 games against the big 3 in five and a half seasons. Torres has half his total (3) in one season and a ridiculously lower amount of games. He also scored 33 in his first season, Ronaldo was into his Fourth season before he even had a total of 33. If you really think that Torres 4 year age difference and some international experience which ronaldo started when he joined united explains that then your talking crap.
    Average-Ro wrote: »
    Come off it redout. When he moved to Man U he wsa only 18, new to the premier league and didn't speak the language. Do you expect any youngster in that situation to make an imediate impact against the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal?

quote]
    How about Fernando Torres and 33 goals in his first season in english football. He has also scored against Chelsea and Arsenal in his first season. Ronaldo is into his sixth season now and in four of them thus far he could not score against any of the big three (Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool) Is that a good enough answer for you ?
    kryogen wrote: »

• Advertisement

I'll give ya one thing redout. You're persistent, but it's gotten pathetic at this stage. your arguments go round in circles.

But I'm sure Ronaldo will read your posts and cry himself to sleep! :)

funny1.jpg

I'll give ya one thing redout. You're persistent, but it's gotten pathetic at this stage. your arguments go round in circles.

But I'm sure Ronaldo will read your posts and cry himself to sleep! :)

quote]

This whole thread is going around in circles. It should have been closed a couple of weeks ago but as long as it is open sure I may aswell reply because if not then all you lot would have us believing the guy is god and can do no wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

How is it stupid exactly ? I was responding to the post below were the guy argue's that Ronaldo was new to the premier league, didn't speak the language and was 18 and does not expect any youngster to make an immediate impact against the top 3.

Torres

New to Premiership : check
    Didn't speak language: check
    18: Torres 22
    Impact against top 3: check, 3 goals (1 Chelsea, 2 Arsenal)

The only thing that could be argued was the age difference and still 22 is young is it not ?

Fact is Ronaldo has six goals in potentially 45 games against the big 3 in five and a half seasons. Torres has half his total (3) in one season and a ridiculously lower amount of games. He also scored 33 in his first season, Ronaldo was into his Fourth season before he even had a total of 33. If you really think that Torres 4 year age difference and some international experience which ronaldo started when he joined united explains that then your talking crap.
    Come off it redout. When he moved to Man U he wsa only 18, new to the premier league and didn't speak the language. Do you expect any youngster in that situation to make an imediate impact against the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal?

quote]

You don't think a four year age gap makes a difference? Okay, think of Ronaldo when he was 18, and think of him when he was 22, and the difference...

And I believe International experience WOULD make a hugh difference (playing in the world cup!). He was captain of Athletico before he moved to Liverpool. AND like I've already mentioned, he's a striker, Ronaldo's a winger....

Ronaldo plays a different position to Torres

A winger should not be expected to be firing in goals every week surely? isnt that why teams buy strikers?

since games involving the bigger teams tend to be tight and won by 1 goal normally in a low scoring game its kinda hard to be scoring against them every time they play, especially when you are not a striker

whats Rooneys record against the "big 4"?

its a mute point, when Torres came he was a complete player, he was a full international and was captain of his club, in a stronger league

When Ronaldo came, he was raw potential and still had a lot of development left to do and played in a weaker league, no impact on the international scene

Comparing these players is amusingly foolish

Why not compare a winger with another winger?

its like comparing Claude Makelele and RVN in their first seasons respectively

they are bought to tick different boxes and you cant hold them to the same requirements

EDIT: i do want to clarify one thing to you actually, Ronaldo has played 34 games in total against the other "big 4"

This whole thread is going around in circles. It should have been closed a couple of weeks ago but as long as it is open sure I may aswell reply because if not then all you lot would have us believing the guy is god and can do no wrong.

Ah and there is the point, no, Ronaldo is not God and no, not everything he does is wrong

there is actually a middle ground here you know, it doesnt have to be extreme views all the time, why does he need to be an angel or a devil?

can he not just be a footballer? some good aspects, some bad?

Redout, would it not make more sense to compare Ronaldo to Babel?

Similar position, standard of leage, style of play etc.

If this is true then I have just lost a whole heap of respect for this man. How can he honestly come out with such a statement. If any true United supporters on here agree with this then you should be shot. This is going beyond preposterous.

Cristiano Ronaldo is Manchester United's best ever says Sir Bobby Charlton

AA84C163-F96D-44F3-3A58297502935A2E.jpg
    Sir Bobby Charlton paid newly-crowned European Footballer of the Year Cristiano Ronaldo the ultimate compliment by hailing him as the best player in Manchester United's history.

Ronaldo became the first United hero to lift the prestigious Ballon d'Or for 40 years after being confirmed as the overwhelming winner last night, and will receive the award at a gala ceremony in Paris on Sunday.

The 23-year-old, who scored 42 goals last season as United won the Premier League and Champions League, can now take his rightful place alongside Old Trafford legends and fellow former winners Denis Law (1964), Charlton (1966) and George Best (1968).

But Charlton said Ronaldo can lay claim to being the most gifted United player ever because he is quicker and stronger than Best, who has long been regarded as their brightest star.

"It was paradise watching George play, just as it is now with Ronaldo," said Charlton.

"The difference is that Ronaldo is stronger and faster.
    "George had the ability to turn people inside out, and beat anyone he liked. He was as good as anyone you will see. He used to embarrass players time and time again.

"Yes, he could also be frustrating, he held on to the ball for too long. You'd get into a good position and hope he'd pass, but most of the time he didn't. But George usually scored or made the keeper make a save."

Ronaldo, who is set to make it a double by picking up the FIFA World Player of the Year award, is the first Premier League star to be voted Europe's top player since Michael Owen in 2001.

Charlton's claim that Ronaldo is the best player United have had is backed up by his impressive haul of honours in just five years at Old Trafford following his £12.24million move from Sporting Lisbon in the summer of 2003.

again, you seem to read the headline and nothing else.

He doesn't say Ronaldo is BETTER than Best, he says he is a joy to watch as Best was and that Ronaldo is stronger and faster than Best. That is all he says, the rest is padding fluff in the article that you have fallen for; cause it suits you and your stirring ways.

You don't think a four year age gap makes a difference? Okay, think of Ronaldo when he was 18, and think of him when he was 22, and the difference...

And I believe International experience WOULD make a hugh difference (playing in the world cup!). He was captain of Athletico before he moved to Liverpool. AND like I've already mentioned, he's a striker, Ronaldo's a winger....

Like I pointed out that was all you actually had in your arguement (the age difference). Some international football fine I will give you that. Ronaldo started his international career in 2003 so why did it not make a difference to him until about 3-4 years later after he had already played in Euro 2004 and the 2006 world cup ? I dont think any young player has ever come to the premiership in thier debut season and scored such an amount of goals and had an immediate impact as Torres. Stevie G actually pointed this out last week if I am not mistaken. As for Ronaldo being a winger that is debatable, by position on teamsheet yes, by definition absolutely not. He roams all over which is not the definition of a winger.

again, you seem to read the headline and nothing else.

He doesn't say Ronaldo is BETTER than Best, he says he is a joy to watch as Best was and that Ronaldo is stronger and faster than Best. That is all he says, the rest is padding fluff in the article that you have fallen for; cause it suits you and your stirring ways.

Well if you want to get technical it doesnt say better than best and I never said that either, it say says better than everyone. Also you are talking crap because I quite clearly stated in the post "If this is true". Seems to me you fail to mention that because it suits your stirring ways.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=KJlxLwcNi-Q

• Advertisement

he always stays out wide actually, when he has possesion or when he is making a run he can go anywhere, common sense really, but he is generally out wide unless he is deployed up front as he was a handful of times last year, he is a winger

ok, do you know Fernando Torres?

this is a serious question, you are talking about him like he burst onto the footballing scene last year, you are aware that he made his debut in 2001? that he has been playing top level football since 2002?

Well if you want to get technical it doesnt say better than best and I never said that either, it say says better than everyone. Also you are talking crap because I quite clearly stated in the post "If this is true". Seems to me you fail to mention that because it suits your stirring ways.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=KJlxLwcNi-Q

If what is true - if Charlton said he is faster and stronger than Best was and is a joy to watch? Yeah, it probably is true - other than that there is nothing in the article worth any note - the article says he is better than everyone, not Charlton.

So you are going to lose respect for Charlton based on some media spin, your respect doesn't seem to be worth anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

I may aswell reply because if not then all you lot would have us believing the guy is god and can do no wrong.

really? um, i dont really remember anyone saying anything remotely like that... inclusing boggles!

i think its more like ur replying cos u hate ronaldo that much and REALLY want to dig it in.
    im sure hes a lovely bloke... but alas, we have the media to tell us wat to think so why bother trying

down with ronaldo!

Like Kryogen said, Torres had 6 years top flight experience before moving to Liverpool as an established International.

Ronaldo made 23 appearances for Sporting, in a weaker league.

Torres had a much better advantage over Ronaldo when moving to England.

If this is true then I have just lost a whole heap of respect for this man. .
    If what is true - if Charlton said he is faster and stronger than Best was and is a joy to watch? Yeah, it probably is true - other than that there is nothing in the article worth any note - the article says he is better than everyone, not Charlton.

So you are going to lose respect for Charlton based on some media spin, your respect doesn't seem to be worth anything.

Ah come on brother, you know that I said "If this is true" and I pointed that out to you already and now you still come at me with it a second time. That is twice you have tried to stir it up and envoke a response. Next time I wont bother replying to it.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=OLnq_tZf3eQ

That is twice you have tried to stir it up and envoke a response.

That leaves him about 100 behind you so. Now i might join in the fun by finding a misleading headline, not bothering to read the article, and then referencing it as a source to prove that Ronaldo is actually a Phoenix Park Sunday League footballer pulling off a con. :rolleyes:
    Next time I wont bother replying to it.

Wish everyone would apply that mantra.

faceplant-dive.jpg

• Advertisement

Are we keeping count ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

there is one thing that clearly seperates the two and this might be a bit old fashioned

Messi, when he scores a goal jumps to his team m8s, and celebrates with them.

Messi works hard off the ball

Messi isnt a greedy player and has a eye for the prefect pass, he has really GENUINE work ethic for his team and his manager

Ronaldo shouts at his team m8s or gives out to them when he makes a mistake or doesnt control a ball

Ronaldo NEVER tracks back , when can u honestly remember him track back and make a last ditch table, i no its not his job but its all about the mentality

When ronaldo scores a goal he is never one to run to the player who supplied the pass and celebrate with them

ronaldo is a diver and IMHO seriously over hyped, i would have messi in my team any day of the week over ronaldo

There is true footballers, yes his goal scoring tally was great last season, but IMHO he was practically a CF who never went back into his own half, alot of his goals came on the counter attack vs weak opposition

Messi has class and guile

Ronaldo, if he worked abit harder and showed his team mates respect would be > messi but for me, he will never be

btw torres is touching on god status

nuxxx wrote: »
    there is one thing that clearly seperates the two and this might be a bit old fashioned

Messi, when he scores a goal jumps to his team m8s, and celebrates with them.

Messi works hard off the ball

Messi isnt a greedy player and has a eye for the prefect pass, he has really GENUINE work ethic for his team and his manager

Ronaldo shouts at his team m8s or gives out to them when he makes a mistake or doesnt control a ball

Ronaldo NEVER tracks back , when can u honestly remember him track back and make a last ditch table, i no its not his job but its all about the mentality

When ronaldo scores a goal he is never one to run to the player who supplied the pass and celebrate with them

ronaldo is a diver and IMHO seriously over hyped, i would have messi in my team any day of the week over ronaldo

There is true footballers, yes his goal scoring tally was great last season, but IMHO he was practically a CF who never went back into his own half, alot of his goals came on the counter attack vs weak opposition

Messi has class and guile

Ronaldo, if he worked abit harder and showed his team mates respect would be > messi but for me, he will never be

btw torres is touching on god status

Good post brother. Some of it has been said here before but tends to fall on deaf ears with this bunch. Ronaldo hardly celebrate's with teammates because it is all about him. A good player no doubt but a self-loving, arrogant twat. The shouting at the teammates thing is a disgrace. If Keane was a few years younger and still there I guarantee he would not be allowed do it but there is no boss on the pitch now. JT would not put up with either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

nuxxx wrote: »
    alot of his goals came on the counter attack vs weak opposition

Are they devalued because he scored them on the counter attack? :eek:

Or are they inferior because it was perceived weak opposition?

What you should really do instead of talking shíté is compile a list of teams that Ronaldo scored against last year, educate yourself, and come back and try maybe write a fair and balanced piece on the guy.

Good Lad. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

So after 14 pages of crap, Ronaldo denies the story. Should we believe him?
    I went back to the first post and checked the initial source. Marca.

• Advertisement
Advertisement