Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldo "I am the 1st, 2nd, 3rd best in world

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

lordgoat wrote: »
    I don't think you know who this thread is about sonny.

You are saying that Ronaldo does not create chances?
    Cannot pass or cross but is quick so is used on the wing?

Clueless

I think that Ronaldo's pass completion rate is abysmal, his corssing is second rate at best and that the only attributes of being a winger that he possesses arehis ability to carry the ball and pace.

He is far more effective playing throught the middle but not as a sole striker, when played as part of a 2/3 man attack he is the dominant goal scorer.
    He's certainly not a winger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Interesting to see UEFA awarded Ronaldo forward of the year and NOT midfielder of the year which surely is the category of a winger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Club_Football_Awards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Me, Uefa, in agreeance, because we are right.

About him being a forward that is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

messi is also a forward. he didnt get the award. so you and UEFA arent fully agreed.
    Kaka is also a forward. he didnt get the award. again, ur not in agreement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

How does Kaka win midfielder one year and forward two years later. He did not change position so I reckon these awards are a load of bull and they only awarded it to him because he was top scorer. That is no reason to give him a forward award ! Makes no sense. I reckon the same to with Ronaldo been given it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

UEFA only classify central midfielders as midfielders. They classify Robben and Duff as forwards too. But they change it all the time to suit who they want to give the awards to.
    Also, RONALDO IS NOT A WINGER!

To be a winger you actually have to play on the wing, be able to deliver a pass or corss, have a brian and actually create chances.

Ronaldo scored most of his goals from central posistions, most of his corsses didn't beat the first man, so in cinclusion he is more effect as a central attacker, which thus makes him a centre forward who is used n the wing because he has good pace.

The man is a striker, and he's a damned good one, but he's not the best player in the world.

Well first off, you're talking about whether he's good or not. That's irrelevant.

A position is defined by where your starting position is. It's why its called a bloody position!!
    Ronaldo starts nearly everything he does from the wide midfield, both deep and advanced. He is a winger, plain and simple.

He scores goals in 5 main ways.

Headers from a corner/set piece
    Free kicks
    Running down the wing, cutting in, and shooting
    Making diagonal runs from the wing behind the defence
    Getting on the end of crosses

Whether he's a good winger is an entirely different question. Whether he's a good crosser of the ball or not doesn't mean he's a winger or not. It just means he's not a complete winger.

Also your ideas that he can't cross the ball etc. have shown to be pretty wrong considering the stats posted.
    Also, the amount of chances he created that Tevez and Rooney missed last year was unreal. Just look at the CL final for some examples of his fantastic fantastic crossing that Tevez couldn't put away.

This season already he has 3 assists in 9 games. Not too bad. Also has 8 goals as well, which is just hilariously good, a goal return that nobody else in the world could produce currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

more classy behaviour from the 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th best player in the world today.

wanker gestures to the crowd and gesturing how he is number 1.

its only his unique sense of humour though, he is actually a lovely fella and is just misunderstood :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Mr Alan wrote: »
    more classy behaviour from the 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th best player in the world today.

its only his unique sense of humour though, he is actually a lovely fella and is just misunderstood :rolleyes:

you really didnt waste a second in coming here to post this did you? Come off it will you, everyone can see through your "act" at this stage. Pretending to be interested in "intelligent debate" but really only interested in making constant digs and sly remarks about anything to do with United.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

That's not an understandable response to people booing you, no? Did he make 'w*nker' gestures at an old lady or something?

tbh I'd do the exact same

pvt.joker wrote: »
    you really didnt waste a second in coming here to post this did you? Come off it will you, everyone can see through your "act" at this stage. Pretending to be interested in "intelligent debate" but really only interested in making constant digs and sly remarks about anything to do with United.:rolleyes:

do you contribute ANYTHING to this site except questioning my posts?

i post in the utd thread a lot, very little of it controversial or against the grain in there-you on the other hand contribute **** all-except when crawling out from the woodwork to have a go at me.

• Advertisement

do you contribute ANYTHING to this site except questioning my posts?

do you contribute ANYTHING to this site except belittling United at every chance you get.

yes-i contribute to most threads on this site, a small percentage of it anything to do with Utd.

i'm not gonna allow you to derail this thread so wont be responding to your further attacks on my character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It was simply an unprofessional thing to do. Just blank them and walk down the tunnel and no one can question you.

yes-i contribute to most threads on this site, a small percentage of it anything to do with Utd.

i'm not gonna allow you to derail this thread.

"Mr. Alan" .Your main objective on this site seems to be derailing United threads, so I take exception to you trying to accuse me of same.

Ronaldo is cocky yes. That's what makes him do some of the things on a pitch that no-one else (including messi) is able to do.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

messi is better. case closed. classy messi. yum yum.

its his attitude to the team that is shocking for me.

his team is struggling to catch up in the league and he comes off early while they are trying to cut the gap, whats going through his mind?

"**** you villa fans, i'm the best player in the world"

he genuinely doesnt care how the team do imo, its all about him, remember in Moscow, he was still pissed off in the initial moments after they won because HE had missed his penalty, he stayed on his own sulking on his kness despite his team winning the CL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

he was still pissed off in the initial moments after they won because HE had missed his penalty, he stayed on his own sulking on his kness despite his team winning the CL

your bitterness is blinding you. He was overcome by the emotion of winning the CL you clown.

his team is struggling to catch up in the league and he comes off early while they are trying to cut the gap, whats going through his mind?

he genuinely doesnt care how the team do imo, its all about him, remember in Moscow, he was still pissed off in the initial moments after they won because HE had missed his penalty, he stayed on his own sulking on his kness despite his team winning the CL
    lol, you really are a barrel of laughs Al... joker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Fair play, you do seem to have a healthy interest in all things Utd. I don't follow much about Liverpool bar the final score ;)

please dont make me go searching, but a lot of Utd fans were giving out at the time of the final because of his behaviour the immediate aftermath.

yea pvt, he was so overcome with emotion because his beloved Utd won the CL-he then got to work engineering his potential move to Real :rolleyes:

yea pvt, he was so overcome with emotion because his beloved Utd won the CL-he then got to work engineering his potential move to Real :rolleyes:

he came out in the postmatch interview and said how could i leave after this. He was not working to "engineer" any move.

he came out in the postmatch interview and said "how can I find a way to leave after this, I want out. I need Money to buy hot pants"

fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,449 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

please dont make me go searching, but a lot of Utd fans were giving out at the time of the final because of his behaviour the immediate aftermath.

after the final he said "I stay, I stay". No one gave out about that.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Fair play, you do seem to have a healthy interest in all things Utd. I don't follow much about Liverpool bar the final score ;)

That's just how Mr. Alan rolls. Stick around and you'll see a lot more of his behaviour. All in the name of "intelligent debate". The moderators have even warned him about his borderline trolling.

• Advertisement

after the final he said "I stay, I stay". No one gave out about that.

its his behaviour on the pitch i was talking about. and then the whole summer obivously.
    That's just how Mr. Alan rolls. Stick around and you'll see a lot more of his behaviour. All in the name of "intelligent debate". The moderators have even warned him about his borderline trolling.

thats Tauren. if you contributed anything to this site other than your back seating modding/stalking of me, you'd know that.

at least get the grammar right in ur sig joker.

alan is to utd fans here as wat boggles is to liverpool fans. i dunno, its like pro wrestling in here sometimes.

disappointed villa couldnt get the win. out of the top 3 today i think Utd did the best. an away draw against the toughest opposition (compared to fulham and newcastle). was a decent enough game, would have liked to see carew start the game though and for villa to have gone at utd a bit more.. that said its never wise to give rooney and ronaldo wiggle room. giggs god bless him is well past it. still gives his all though

oops lol, wrong thread. ah well u get the point :pac:

thats Tauren. if you contributed anything to this site other than your back seating modding/stalking of me, you'd know that.

No, it's you. PSI warned you about it 6 months ago. You troll and stir up threads but at the same time, hold back just enough so the moderators won't ban you. Such as your disgraceful trolling of the Gareth Barry to Liverpool thread. Even unbiased posters such as Villain and Savman got sick of your behaviour and reported you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Even if Mr. Alan is biased in your eyes, at least he is conveying his points in a debatable manner, I'm sure he'd have no problem arguing with you about the points he has made, but instead, all of you just shout immature things like 'trolling' and 'U LUVZ MAN YOO TOO MUCH'. Try engaging in a debate with him, that way you may actually get somewhere.

back seating modding/stalking of me

very boggles-esque response there innit al ?

• Advertisement

your bitterness is blinding you. He was overcome by the emotion of winning the CL you clown.
    Dave! wrote: »
    lol, you really are a barrel of laughs Al... joker

And you two have the cheek to question Al's behaviour when you resort to that bollox?

He's not a United fan, he doesn't like Ronaldo and posts negatively about him. Deal with it. The board isn't a place for circle jerks amongst United fans (or Liverpool, or Celtic, etc). Feck off Red Cafe cause the facility for that is there.

If you don't like his comments then be big enough to not reply without resorting to petty name calling.

Completely justified tbh

Completely justified tbh

agree 100%

Completely justified tbh

My arse it is. You don't like his comments so feel name calling is the appropriate retort? Who's the clown in that case? Both you and him?

Fuck this shit anyway. It's 5am and I'm off to bed. No doubt this will be pushing 400 inane posts by the morning.

Have a coke and smile Xavi, ye won 3-0... Jump back into bed and leave us jokers to our messing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Kinda like you Master Alan. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Of course, the way he collapsed to the ground in tears after the shootout in Moscow was because he was left off the hook, not because he was happy for his team.

Nor was his outburst of emotion after finally scoring against Derby early this year after a frustrating afternoon down to him delighted to seal win for the team. It was all because he could inflate his ego even more.

</sarcasm>

In all fairness Alan, that part in bold is laughable to even the most biased of non-United supporters. You're doing yourself absolutely no favours by posting BS like that.

A player not caring if his team wins or loses.....come off it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

LOL 'sulking on his knees'. Now that's just classic. :D

_1891703_halle_ap.jpg

Pictured: Halle Berry sulking after her Oscar win.

Good thing he was surrounded by so many people, I think he was close to suicide.......

http://bp2.blogger.com/_rHF-pfKi5uE/SDpWY2o7hFI/AAAAAAAAAAY/5flghliIG0s/s1600-h/ronaldo.jpg

actually you'll notice he's surrounded by no one-strange that....reason being he went off on his own after he missed, and spent most of the celebrations on his own....guess why? CAUSE IT ALL WAS ABOUT HIM!!!

• Advertisement

I think you'll find he was surrounded by 80,000 people........

Hey did you notice Nani jump over the barrier instead of celebrating with his team? What about Rooney, who ran off with his arms in the air rather than staying to give VDS a king's chair or something?

ABSOLUTE F*CKERS!!!!!!

I, for one, was appalled at them.

alright Dave, we'll leave it. we agree to disagree-i think he is a selfish, self centred egotistical spoilt very talented footballer. you think he's something different.

I think he's dreamy.......

Anywhooooo, this thread proved an astounding success.

I want to thank all who contributed.

I think he's dreamy.......

Anywhooooo, this thread proved an astounding success.

I want to thank all who contributed.

it should be closed. Mr. Alan is using it as a personal vehicle for insulting United and Ronaldo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Well, he showed his class today :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

Actually, he is a lovely fella. I've posted here before about my families ties with him and his family. So I'm speaking with first hand experience.

Do you not think you'd do the same getting abuse every game? Also, see fat Carra's behaviour a few weeks ago to a LIVERPOOL FAN!

So stop judging him as a person as you can't possibly know what he's like. Don't like him as a footballer? Fair enough.

it should be closed. Mr. Alan is using it as a personal vehicle for insulting United and Ronaldo.

quote me one contribution you've made to this thread that isnt about me.

the only this thread turned into was a vehicle for you to have a pop at me, nothing wrong with me talking about Ronaldo in it ........ hint as to why.....

THE THREAD IS ABOUT RONALDO

in fairness mr alan hasn't insulted utd in hear just ronaldo and has made plenty valid points, discuss the issue guys and not the the other people discussing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Carturo wrote: »
    Actually, he is a lovely fella. I've posted here before about my families ties with him and his family. So I'm speaking with first hand experience.

Do you not think you'd do the same getting abuse every game? Also, see fat Carra's behaviour a few weeks ago to a LIVERPOOL FAN!

So stop judging him as a person as you can't possibly know what he's like. Don't like him as a footballer? Fair enough.

Ah, fair enough. You and Tauren, or whatever his alias is now, should get married.

My sisters friends cousin is married to Cristiano's brothers cats minder and says he's a gobdaw. So, as a person I am in the first row and can make any judgment I like. But I wouldn't call him "fat".

People, you need a little perspective. Get some distance and stop circling the waggons every time someone disagrees with your opinion. C Ronaldo is a superb player, the most talented there is today. But an asshole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

alright Dave, we'll leave it. we agree to disagree-i think he is a selfish, self centred egotistical spoilt very talented footballer. you think he's something different.

Just out of curiosity when gerrard kept threatening to go to chelsea

was it for the benifit of him or for the team?

When gerrard went off the boil for a few months when a move to chelsea was on the cards for him? or the benifit of the team?

when people constantly called rudd selfish and when it was said by roy keane it was the biggest compliment a player could recive when it's aimed at ronaldo it's the most negative??

stop the nonsense.

k.thnx

Advertisement