Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter 4 release date announced

Options
  • 17-11-2008 6:37pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

February 20th 2009. :pac::pac::pac:

I was in two minds whether to get this on the PS3 or the 360, but after playing SFA3 on the dualshock last night, I actually find the XBox controller better suited. NEVER thought I'd say that. Found it much easier to pull off combos. Will probably buy a SFIV pad at launch.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

FutureGuy wrote: »
    February 20th 2009. :pac::pac::pac:

I was in two minds whether to get this on the PS3 or the 360, but after playing SFA3 on the dualshock last night, I actually find the XBox controller better suited. NEVER thought I'd say that. Found it much easier to pull off combos. Will probably buy a SFIV pad at launch.

This game is going to be THE best game ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

PC version FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm thinking PC version too -- more likely to fecking work online, and more portable.
    Also cheaper! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    This game is going to be THE best game ever! After ST!

Fixed your post.

Anyway I'll probably get the PC version. No doubt there'll be more players using the consoles online capabilites than PC users and it'll look better with a console on a lovely HD TV but I can't afford to buy all that :(.

Creature wrote: »
    Fixed your post.

Anyway I'll probably get the PC version. Not doubt there'll be more players using the consoles online capabilites than PC users and it'll look better with a console on a lovely HD TV but I can't afford to buy all that :(.

There is still time yet. Not out for another few months. Oh and yeah, ST is the best but we'll see when SFIV comes out which is top. :)

• Advertisement

It just has to beat SFIII.

Which it won't.
    PARRY PARRY PARRY PARRY PARRY PARRY PARRY (PAUSE) PARRY PARRY PARRY PARRY PARRY PARRY PARRY (JUMP) AIR-PARRY J.HK->C.MK->F,D,D/F+HP~QCF+K AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    It just has to beat SFIII.

Which it won't.
    PARRY PARRY PARRY PARRY PARRY PARRY PARRY (PAUSE) PARRY PARRY PARRY PARRY PARRY PARRY PARRY (JUMP) AIR-PARRY J.HK->C.MK->F,D,D/F+HP~QCF+K AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!

The day I pull off that Diago special is the day I'll be a happy man...I'm still trying to parry the 5-hit Ryu hadoken :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

What's the best SF game on the PC at the mo, I'm using Zsnes for SF2 turbo emulation (legal I hope :P).. Is there something a bit more recent? Can't beat SF2 Turbo :P

cormie wrote: »
    What's the best SF game on the PC at the mo, I'm using Zsnes for SF2 turbo emulation (legal I hope :P).. Is there something a bit more recent? Can't beat SF2 Turbo :P
    Easy:
    • Super Street Fighter II Turbo (arcade)
    • Street Fighter Alpha 2 OR 3
    • Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
    • Capcom Vs SNK 2
    All these are playable with netplay on the right emulators, which I'd LOVE to discuss with you but, since we don't have a forum for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

it wont beat sf3
    very excited. gonna be 360 for me, for live ofcourse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Hate to rain on the parade of the PC players here but the release date for SF4 is for the 2 console versions only. Capcom have stated that the PC version will fellow some time after. It could be months behind the console versions unfortantly.

Still I'm going hold out for the PC version. Will probably rent SF4 on the PS3 just to try it though.

GGPO. Get it.

Huh? Is it a street fighter or what? :)

Huh? Is it a street fighter or what? :)

It's an online emulator. You can play all of the games Kiki mentioned plus more except for CVS2. You can play people from all over.

GGPO

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone here want to play some sfIII over xbox live?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Anyone here want to play some sfIII over xbox live?
    Why would you do that, when GGPO & 2DF are less laggy? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I know I'm risking being flamed but still I have to ask,

I re-played Street Fighter Ex2 Plus recently on PSX and found it to be very very dull, each character has only like 5 moves(source: practice, moves list).

Am I missing something? what's the appeal?

If Street Fighter 4 has more moves and has online, I'll definitely get it for PC though.

BTW, thanks a lot for GGPO, didn't know about it, does Sega have anything similar? would love to play Mortal Kombat online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

CyberGhost wrote: »

I re-played Street Fighter Ex2 Plus recently on PSX and found it to be very very dull, each character has only like 5 moves(source: practice, moves list).

If Street Fighter 4 has more moves and has online, I'll definitely get it for PC though.

BTW, thanks a lot for GGPO, didn't know about it, does Sega have anything similar? would love to play Mortal Kombat online.

Street fighter Ex is a horrible game and not representative of the quality of the SF games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Ah here, the EX series is a load of crap and in no way indicative of what to expect from SF4. Look into Super Turbo (I'd be really surprised if you hadn't already payed it) the Alpha series and Third Strike.

I think you can play Mortal Kombat with 2df.

Ex was horrible, aswell it was on a 3d plane, ONLY fighting game thats reached the most technical standard is 3rd strike.
    Anyway SF4 is 3D in nature but on a 2d plane, so it will play like a 2d fighter, its already a hit success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    All these are playable with netplay on the right emulators, which I'd LOVE to discuss with you but, since we don't have a forum for it...

Wheres the Emulator forum gone :confused:

Was there ever one here?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Was there ever one here?

yup renamed Arcade and Retro it seems.

You gotta play online man. This is not tekken, its not all about the amount of moves. I thought I knew how to play street fighter back when I used to play alpha 3 on the PS1 with my mates and V the CPU...

Oh how wrong I was, plus blown away I was at how amazing it is online when you see and learn advanced play.

SF3 is in my top 3 games of all time now for sure. And I only started playing this year!

Btw for those not in the know about playing these games online with people, yes GGPO is one fantastic option, but imo www.2dfighter.com is the best place to go. Its DEFFO the best place for SF3 3rd Strike for sure.

And yeah we need a freaking fighting game section ,theres a billion things to talk about.:mad:

CLICK MY SIG AND SUPPORT IT! :cool:

im always waiting in ggpo and no one comes and then theres these crap SYN ISSUES. ive been playing since 05 now and then, got great with chun, lost all practice, maybe few games over the weekend !

Placebo wrote: »
    im always waiting in ggpo and no one comes and then theres these crap SYN ISSUES. ive been playing since 05 now and then, got great with chun, lost all practice, maybe few games over the weekend !

I'll play you on GGPO.

I'll install GGPO on my VM & see how it fares, too.

Seriously lads, try 2DF its got the most players. I use both and used to go back and forth between the two but eventually just kept loggin into 2DF as I'd always get a game and theres a decent community building up there and a nice amount of Irish lads on it.

GGPO does have the better netcode but for 3rd strike it has issues and you can get screen corruption. 2DF is p2p so its still very good and theres no issues with 3rd strike, plus replays are automaticly recorded and uploaded to the site for all your games.

Which is a feature I really love.

**edit** yo Placbo your Anti-Girl/Maybememories/Pro-Girl right? I remember your chun! :p I played yea a few times back before ggpo and 2df on mame.

So you only play on GGPO? Was wondering why I never saw you around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I'll definitely give Street Fighter 3 a try, especially since you can play online.

If SF4's online is good and populated, I'm definitely getting it, there are 0 fighting games for a PC, I think it's very smart move on Capcom's part to release it for PCs.

• Advertisement

Well, they're competing with all the emulated games of yore.

Not to mention the doujin fighting game scene -- Japan's brought out a couple of highly-developed fighters with incredible mechanics in the last few years.

Advertisement