Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher education Access routes. HEAR / DARE 2010!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

I have a question,

I was successful for HEAR by the way,

Lets just say I'm going for dentristry in Cork and the points for it are 575 but I get 560. How or when will I know if I get accepted into the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Junior D wrote: »
    I have a question,

I was successful for HEAR by the way,

Lets just say I'm going for dentristry in Cork and the points for it are 575 but I get 560. How or when will I know if I get accepted into the course?

23rd August.

If you get enough points for it, youll get a CAO offer.
    If you get close, you might be offered a HEAR place. (not a normal CAO offer)

I suppose it could be few days after if you get offered in the 2nd round, but many get it in the 1st round.

Got my letter today. Successful. One question. What is Part-Residential?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Got my letter today. Successful. One question. What is Part-Residential?
    Residential means that you live in / stay over for a course / workshop / whatever; part-residential presumably means that you do so for part of it.

We could probably give you a better answer if you quote the whole sentence, or give us the context at least ... :p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Residential means that you live in / stay over for a course / workshop / whatever; part-residential presumably means that you do so for part of it.

We could probably give you a better answer if you quote the whole sentence, or give us the context at least ... :p:D
    I remember that from my offer from trinity last year. Residential means you have to stay in the universities apartments. Part-residential either, I'm not totally sure, that only some have to depending on distances from the college or, you're given the option to stay.

This is during the orientation week btw^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 itzybitzyfitzy

Hey I just got a letter saying I got accepted for DARE.
    My careers teacher said that because I have hearing problems I can get a college place for less points.
    I was just wondering does anyone know how exactly this works?
    I'm just really confused :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭DC09

Hey I just got a letter saying I got accepted for DARE.
    My careers teacher said that because I have hearing problems I can get a college place for less points.
    I was just wondering does anyone know how exactly this works?
    I'm just really confused :confused:
    Same as HEAR.

Eg. A course could have 1 place for DARE, this means the 1 DARE applicant who gets closest to the required points (without getting enough) will be given that reduced points place.

Usually, the more regular places on a course, the more places it has for Access applicants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 HEAR20

High I just have a question about HEAR. It says that you have to meet a certain combination of three indicators. If our income is below the required level, you have a medical card, and your father is a member of the unskilled worker socio group, would you be fairly optimistic about being eligible for HEAR?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 rororororororor

Did anyone who appealed get accepted?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭!?!

has anyone who has reviewed got a reply yet? they said the week of the 25th the letters should go out but i haven't received anything yet :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MissO

The letters are currently being printed and will be out early next week as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭pecker1992

Did anyone who appealed get accepted?:)

i was applicable for all six indicators for hear but because i sent them a form from 2009 instead of 2008 they didnt give it to me...shower of !!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

!?! wrote: »
    has anyone who has reviewed got a reply yet? they said the week of the 25th the letters should go out but i haven't received anything yet :(

Same here, still waiting :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

pecker1992 wrote: »
    i was applicable for all six indicators for hear but because i sent them a form from 2009 instead of 2008 they didnt give it to me...shower of !!!!!:mad:

Sorry but that is your fault not theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jrk92

ok guys but... what r u waiting for? what letter? I got a letter that I am eligible for HEAR.Do we have to wait for anything else from them?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

phew thank god im not the only one who hasnt heard back from the review.

I got indicator 1 and 3, but didnt get the rest. Even though I attended a DEIS school for 5 years. Plenty of people who started in my school the same year I did got that Indicator, so I'm fairly confident I should get it on the review. Still want it to be official tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

jrk92 wrote: »
    ok guys but... what r u waiting for? what letter? I got a letter that I am eligible for HEAR.Do we have to wait for anything else from them?

We're waiting for the results of a review of our HEAR applications, because some of us weren't accepted. If you're eligible then you're grand, you'll probably hear from them after the results are released if you get a HEAR place on a course.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭shamoono

I met indicators 1, 2, 3 but that wasn't enough and I was ineligible. I was so close to getting indicator four socio-economic group but I didn't get it because I forgot to put down my mom's last job was a hairdresser in a foreign country before she became disabled.
    I really hope the guys at review are good enough to just say it's no problem because I put it down last year and I was eligible for HEAR.

I really hope they accept my review. What are my chances for getting accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jay dubya

how can i find out if my school qualifies for this and what areas are disadvantaged. thanks

jay dubya wrote: »
    how can i find out if my school qualifies for this and what areas are disadvantaged. thanks

That system has been done away with. People are assessed individually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

unknown13 wrote: »

Not exactly, they are still required as certain indicators

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Yes, but, one of the indicators that an individual is assessed on is weather or not they have attended a Deis School for 5 years or more, and another is weather or not you come from an Urban or Rural disadvantaged area.

is it ok if i tell some of my personal details and c if u guys tink id be accepted? again, thanks

is it ok if i tell some of my personal details and c if u guys tink id be accepted? again, thanks

There is no point because if a mod sees them he will remove them immediately and it aint a good idea to post personal details on the internet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭DC09

You dont need to, just go to this website to see if you're eligible:
    http://www.accesscollege.ie/hear/applications-processed.php

Email them if you need it clarified

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

There is no point because if a mod sees them he will remove them immediately and it aint a good idea to post personal details on the internet anyway.
    Indeed.

Also Jay, please note that txtspeak is not welcome on Boards! :)

okay, thanks for the advice, and sorry for the text speak!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kittycat91

has anyone heard from the HEAR review yet???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

kittycat91 wrote: »
    has anyone heard from the HEAR review yet???

nope not yet!

should be soon surely?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kittycat91

yeah, any day now 11 days ago...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement