Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher education Access routes. HEAR / DARE 2010!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

Aww man...I really really want to get Law w/ business in UCD i love the course,
    i applied for HEAR but i really dont know if i'll get it,
    I live at home with my Mother (i've never had contact with the ould fella) she's makes less money in her job then people on the dole make!:p
    no one in my family except my cousin has ever gone to college and we're on the medical card and living in a council estate in the midlands..i dont go to a deis school and i work partime to get us a bit of money to make matters worse my auntie died two days b4 my orals due to money problems (off setting study as you could imagine)..:( i've **** all time to scratch me arse let alone study

anyone no if im likely to be accepted on HEAR or should i stop wastin time?

now can any of ye well to do people say that i dont deserve a place and i'm trying to scam the system?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Aww man...I really really want to get Law w/ business in UCD i love the course,
    i applied for HEAR but i really dont know if i'll get it,
    I live at home with my Mother (i've never had contact with the ould fella) she's makes less money in her job then people on the dole make!:p
    no one in my family except my cousin has ever gone to college and we're on the medical card and living in a council estate in the midlands..i dont go to a deis school and i work partime to get us a bit of money to make matters worse my auntie died two days b4 my orals due to money problems (off setting study as you could imagine)..:( i've **** all time to scratch me arse let alone study

anyone no if im likely to be accepted on HEAR or should i stop wastin time?

now can any of ye well to do people say that i dont deserve a place and i'm trying to scam the system?
    I'm 99.99999% certain you'll get it.

Fingers crossed!...but i dont see how the colleges or HEAR would no some of them details, i thought the form was abit vague in some sections!

any idea on points reductions?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Fingers crossed!...but i dont see how the colleges or HEAR would no some of them details, i thought the form was abit vague in some sections!

any idea on points reductions?

Depends on how many places going and demand for places.

Its usually around 10% off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

stainluss wrote: »
    Its usually around 10% off

It varies between universities. Some have higher allowances than others.

• Advertisement

unknown13 wrote: »
    It varies between universities. Some have higher allowances than others.

ah sure its not really THAAAT much...some ppl are makin out they give you free places!:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 murpolopoliss

Is it to late to apply for HEAR?

ah sure its not really THAAAT much...some ppl are makin out they give you free places!:pac::pac:
    No, i think you should show that you get good grades in subjects related to your course, then its ok if you **** up in ones that are not in the same area, or something like that
    Is it to late to apply for HEAR?
    Yes, its closed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

How likely are people really to get places on HEAR? I got 295 points and applied for some courses that are about 450 and I don't fancy my chances. Surely they don't make that much of an allowance?

How likely are people really to get places on HEAR? I got 295 points and applied for some courses that are about 450 and I don't fancy my chances. Surely they don't make that much of an allowance?
    I'd say you'd need 380+ for that.

• Advertisement

Not very likely. With DARE if you don't get 300 points you are not on the program.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Hmm. That's what I thought, I've got some level 6's and 7's down so I'll probably end up there then.

come here till i ask yez boys when do we find out if we've got accepted onto it or not?

come here till i ask yez boys when do we find out if we've got accepted onto it or not?

End of June, just as your chillin after the exams:D

Chillin!!? more like ripping every ounce of body hair off with the stress!
    :eek::eek:

:pac:

If you are unlucky enough to have a later exam such as technology you may receive the letter before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭shamoono

Anybody know what's the story with Pharmacy in TCD points for Higher Education Access Route.
    I mean how many points was it for last year in HIGHER EDUCATION ACCESS ROUTE.
    If I don't get in medicine I'm gonna choose pharmacy.

thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gor93

i hope i get it im depending on it big time so when do we find out we got it end of june but what date or atin

gor93 wrote: »
    i hope i get it im depending on it big time so when do we find out we got it end of june but what date or atin

No one knows. I could be in the position where I get it before an exam.

No one knows. I could be in the position where I get it before an exam.

really dude??whered you find this out?i thought it was in around offers time?

correct me if im wrong doh :D

• Advertisement

The letter is due at the end of June. I have my tech exam on the 25th of June.

They post the letter in june to those who applied to tell them if they got accepted or not.

Feck it ive music a day before that!

good luck anyways buddy hope you get what your looking for :)

post it up and let us all know!

Would the HEAR scheme of the college you're applying to tell you what the points reduction for a course was last year if you asked them?

Or are they not allowed to?

Would the HEAR scheme of the college you're applying to tell you what the points reduction for a course was last year if you asked them?

I'll email now :)

theowen wrote: »
    I'll email now :)

Did you check for your course?

Just getting a bit nervy as the exams get close:o

Did you check for your course?

Just getting a bit nervy as the exams get close:o
    No, I have them on e-mail speed dile though from previous queries!:rolleyes:

I asked about Medicine there so we shall see.

TCD is 50-100 points
    NUIM is 60 points
    UCD don't know but in a way I am glad I don't
    DCU don't know either

I was told the points reduction, so just email and ask them and they will tell you

TCD is 50-100 points
    NUIM is 60 points
    UCD don't know but in a way I am glad I don't
    DCU don't know either

I was told the points reduction, so just email and ask them and they will tell you
    It depends on the course though.

theowen wrote: »
    It depends on the course though.

It is generally 10-15% of the points for that course. But some places have different points reductions though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dublin4Life

Does anyone have the DARE email address

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement