Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher education Access routes. HEAR / DARE 2010!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Got my letter today for DARE. Successful

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭shamoono

didnt get any letters today....does that mean im ineligible are the letters are just going to be late....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dublin4Life

unknown13 wrote: »
    Got my letter today for DARE. Successful

I never got a letter either , this is bull****:mad:
    If i dont get another letter this year I will drive to galway and hit someone in the CAO office arghhhhhhhhhhhh

shamoono wrote: »
    didnt get any letters today....does that mean im ineligible are the letters are just going to be late....

They better send out a letter if we are ineligible or eligible....

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppy08

unfortunately no. i was unsuccessful....

• Advertisement

holy **** .... I'm really pissed now .... just sent CAO an email anyway they should have the results for HEAR on their system. If everyone sends them an email then they will have to tell people about the results for HEAR, probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

holy **** .... I'm really pissed now .... just sent CAO an email anyway they should have the results for HEAR on their system. If everyone sends them an email then they will have to tell people about the results for HEAR, probably.
    No chance of working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

theowen wrote: »
    No chance of working.

Next Steps in the Application Process

Once all applications have been processed for HEAR eligibility, applicants will be informed in writing of their HEAR status.
    Applicants who are ineligible for further consideration under the HEAR scheme will be informed of the reasons for their ineligibility.
    An applicant can request that his/her application be reviewed should he/she have reason to believe that an error occurred during the screening of his or her application.

From the official HEAR site so presumably they do indeed contact everyone even those applicants who have been unsuccessful everyone panicking should simply calm down and wait a few days for confirmations to be sent out

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

You'll probably get your letter tomorrow.
    Did anyone send DCU access an application?
    Its exactly the same as HEAR, but I sent off both.

Should I be expecting a letter from them, too?

just got an email back from CAO everyone's letters been sent out they should be with us any time tomorrow or after tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭christmasinjuly

f*ck Im pure nervous ,I really hope I get accepted anyone else here nervous and depending on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,118 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I got my DARE acceptance today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Someone else did too, sounds like the DARE letters may have gone out a day or two ahead of the HEAR ones ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 laurnatal

Got my letter from DARE today - successful, but still doesn't mean I will get a place.

Someone else did too, sounds like the DARE letters may have gone out a day or two ahead of the HEAR ones ...

Will there be more DARE letters I wonder ?????
    What should I do if I don't receive any letter

laurnatal wrote: »
    Got my letter from DARE today - successful, but still doesn't mean I will get a place.

where have you applied too??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Will there be more DARE letters I wonder ?????
    What should I do if I don't receive any letter
    Well, given that the first ones only arrived to-day, and that our postal service is erratic at times, I suspect there may well be loads of people yet to hear.

As I understand it, you should get a letter one way or the other?

If it's gone on a while, and you haven't heard, contact them I guess ... but you're well off that point yet, it sounds as if only the first trickle of letters have landed to-day.

Well, given that the first ones only arrived to-day, and that our postal service is erratic at times, I suspect there may well be loads of people yet to hear.

As I understand it, you should get a letter one way or the other?

If it's gone on a while, and you haven't heard, contact them I guess ... but you're well off that point yet, it sounds as if only the first trickle of letters have landed to-day.

thanks i was get worried

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

i got my lettter today

LovexxLife wrote: »
    i got my lettter today

HEAR?

I still didnt get mine. I was kind of hoping I had it before the 1st July deadline...

Has anyone still not recieved their HEAR letters?

• Advertisement

like this comment if you're still witing for a DARE letter ??

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

stainluss wrote: »
    HEAR?
    QUOTE]
    Aw no its the dare

Oh right.
    I think its the same people though?

Hope I get it tomorrow, it would be handier if they did it through email, like the HPAT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

like this comment if you're still witing for a DARE letter ??

Just because you have some disability doesn't mean they automatically accept you.

Oh right.
    I think its the same people though?

Hope I get it tomorrow, it would be handier if they did it through email, like the HPAT
    Same people?

unknown13 wrote: »
    Just because you have some disability doesn't mean they automatically accept you.

and your point is???

Same people?

That do the HEAR and DARE applications..

Those 'access third level' people?

That do the HEAR and DARE applications..

Those 'access third level' people?
    Ah I get ya. Don't have a clue. Someone could go crazy and actually email the HEAR people and ask when the letters are being sent :p

Ah I get ya. Don't have a clue. Someone could go crazy and actually email the HEAR people and ask when the letters are being sent :p

I did a while ago, no reply.

Theres different HEAR people for each college (no main email) so I just chose one...

Ill hopefully have the letter by the time they email back:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I did a while ago, no reply.

Theres different HEAR people for each college (no main email) so I just chose one...

Ill hopefully have the letter by the time they email back:rolleyes:
    haha I'll give it a go so:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement