Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned by new moderator for outlining my concerns about the new mods

• 17-11-2008 8:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

See this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055421020

I wasn’t even warned before hand and I don’t see how the offending post was even off topic. That thread was about the new moderators of the forum. Other posters gave there hopes on what would change so I don’t see how my posts were off topic. Given the events of the past few days with a thread in feedback I relayed my fears about the new moderators and it looks like they have be realised already.

According to the moderator, orestes my:
    posts in this thread have led to you being banned from the Pro Wrestling forum for one week for their overall content.

I wish for this banning of 7 days to be over turned.

Post edited by Shield on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

jaysus that was fairly harsh alright. Dont worry once they get used to having tiny bit of power it should be grand

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

rovert wrote: »
    See this thread:

I wasn’t even warned before hand and I don’t see how the offending post was even off topic. That thread was about the new moderators of the forum. Other posters gave there hopes on what would change so I don’t see how my posts were off topic. Given the events of the past few days with a thread in feedback I relayed my fears about the new moderators and it looks like they have be realised already.

this isn't feedback, it shouldn't be in the feedback forum.

Take it to helpdesk.

For what it's worth your comments were pretty ignorant and out of order on a thread welcoming the new moderators of PW.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yes, it's dreadful the way they didn't let you act up in a thread welcoming new mods. I am sure Vince is delighted how you were posting in response to his first modship.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Sorry my mistake I should have posted this in the Helpdesk.

Please lock

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

When we had a new mod thread on the noc forum for Orestes and watna,some users made comments,not as inflammatory as yours,and were warned. Your comments were worse/more **** stirring. So i'd see the banning as fair,especially for 7 days.
    Oh-in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

pffft yis are been fairly tough on the poor chap. Meh nothing to do with me and its only for a few days. Feck it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ban deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

You basically insulted Orestes on how The Nocturnal Forum was run in your first post in the thread man, there was no need for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

rovert wrote: »
    See this thread:

Wahwahwah! Here take your dummy back!

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    You basically insulted Orestes on how The Nocturnal Forum was run in your first post in the thread man, there was no need for it.

Ive asked for this thread to be locked and Ive PM mods here to close it, I posted this thread in feedback by genuine mistake. If you want to continue this do it via PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I have no interest in saying anything further man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Long version: A thread was started to welcome new moderators. You complained about new mods being appointed (and took a cheap dig at one of the other forums that I mod in the process). When someone commented lightheartedly about your little dig you proceeded to drag the thread off topic and get arguementative. After discussion amongst the forum mods regarding your actions it was decided to issue a one week ban.

Short version: you were being a troll and got a ban.

orestes wrote: »
    Long version: A thread was started to welcome new moderators. You complained about new mods being appointed (and took a cheap dig at one of the other forums that I mod in the process). When someone commented lightheartedly about your little dig you proceeded to drag the thread off topic and get arguementative. After discussion amongst the forum mods regarding your actions it was decided to issue a one week ban.

Short version: you were being a troll and got a ban.

I taken this matter to the helpdesk btw.