Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Legally skipping traffic queues

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,995 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Berty wrote: »
    Nope. Im not going to agree and your not going to change your mind.

Best leave it at that. You think your correct and I dont see any issue so lets go our separate ways. :cool:

You are making delays worse for others due to selfishness, how on earth is that NOT discourteous?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

RE: The M50. Just after the toll its a joke with the traffic build up but hell yeah I will drive in the second lane from the left and indicate in further up. Why not? Its a broken white line. :confused:

Take a look at the lane indications on the overhead gantries.

It's selfish people in the left two lanes trying to squeeze back into the lanes for going straight on that hold up the traffic that would otherwise move freely towards the exit.

It's not the safest thing to be stopped in a motorway lane while cars approach from behind at 100kms/h.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

MYOB wrote: »
    You are making delays worse for others due to selfishness, how on earth is that NOT discourteous?

I do not agree. Can you not accept that?

Note: username changed.

What about this.

I was coming southbound on the M1 and the traffic was backed up using the M1 - M50 interchange. I kept going and took the Coolock exit, turned back Northbound and took the M50 exit on the opposing carraigeway.

Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I do not agree. Can you not accept that?

Note: username changed.

Stay in denial, feck everyone else. typical of the sort of driver you seem to be.

• Advertisement

Quint wrote: »
    Stay in denial, feck everyone else. typical of the sort of driver you seem to be.

Im not in denial. I disagree with it being discourteous.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,995 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You "do not agree" but won't explain why its not... please do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Ironically theres people that will spend an extra 15-30 minutes on their Journey to avoid a toll !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

ROFL at the tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Patient

Touché !

:D:D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

btw - you're all wrong.

The easiest way to legally circumvent all queues is by using this

heh heh heh

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

Im not in denial. I disagree with it being discourteous.

???

yet it DOES affect queues and waiting times for others, i dont see how any rational person can deny that, its common sense

fair enough if you choose to do it, but at least have the balls to admit what you do is morally wrong, end of story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Like razorblunt, I do not cut people up, I do not drive right up to the limit and then push my way into the lane.

Why not? You are happy to skip queues of us suckers in other ways. Are you just too chicken to do it where we can see you doing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Zube wrote: »
    Why not? You are happy to skip queues of us suckers in other ways. Are you just too chicken to do it where we can see you doing it?

Zoom Zoom Zoom.

Why bother though he is so self centred he doesnt care that he contributes to the problems so he can get home 2 minutes quicker.

Advertisement