Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf wiper problems

Options
  • 17-11-2008 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Over the last few days I've had problems switching off the wipers of my 2002 Golf. The wiper blades ride up the windscreen slightly when on the intermittent setting and when I try to turn them off completely the just stay going. I think the fact that the wipers are riding up is causing this. Could anyone tell me if they have encountered this sort of thing before and if so what was the cause and solution.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It could be a problem with your wiper motor - the park positioner may be kaput. Your Golf also has a wiper control unit mounted behind the lower dash just above your right knee - this could also be faulty.

Advertisement