Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lips!

• 17-11-2008 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭

So any interest in this game with anyone?
    I'm a metal head so not really interseted in the listing but the whole feature where apparently you can connect your mp3 player and sing along with any song could be a big wimmer if it actually works well.
    Think its out tomorrow so might rent it and give it a test run and if it works I'll hopefully spend hours annoying the wife as I sing Cradle of Filth at the tv.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

seen the add on the tele looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mob

looks good out on the 21st according to play.com and only 55.99 with the two mics and it's got a huge track list about 40 or 50 songs i'd say

there'll be i bit of karaoke in my place for x-mas anyway:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Yes it does let you hook up your mp3 player and sig a long. But the words wont appear on screen like the game, so I dont know wheter I'd be interested. Although if it does a good download shop like Rock Band it could be worth a purchase for drunken Christmas nights alone. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,693 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Have no interest in karaoke games (vocals in Rock Band are very much the dud when theres a group around) but it is made by the geniuses who created the wonderful madness that is Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan. So if any karaoke game has the possibility to be good, I think this is it. But still will be avoiding it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Just to let you all know that the mics with lips will NOT work on any other games. I.E ROCK BAND or GHWT. Not unless harmonix and co release a patch, according to the man behind Lips. More like LIPS is a M/S studio game and don't want their wireless tech on third party games.

Shame really coz thats the main reason I was getting lips. That and keep the misses happy. only so much rock band she can put up with in my house.

Ya and no lyrics on your own MP3's but it will score the track and it will go onto a leader board on live, so I've read anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

So has anyone played Lips yet? Thinkin of getting it as there's a good few sessions coming up over christmas and the old karaoke machine isnt working (thank feck)! Gonna wait until i see reviews before dropping any cash on it. Speaking of cash, anyone know what price it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's 60 in GameStop for the game with two wireless mics. Got it this morning for a laugh at home, and it's good fun. To be honest, reviews are pointless for this game. It's going to depend on the song list. Look at it. There's some great songs on there, in my opinion, but they're not going to be everyones cup of tea. You can use your own songs but no lyrics for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

I was going to get it Friday. But ended up getting Disnseys sing it. The reason behind that is...well theres two. My 7 year old girl will love it. The mic is the same as the Rockband Mic, which I wanted. Lips mic only works with Lips.
    Now if the Lips mic worked with rock band I would get it but until then I'll leave it off.
    By the way there is already a number of DLC tracks for Lips. And I think a few free Xmas songs.

Advertisement