Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Loan Query

Options
  • 17-11-2008 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

I am currently studying my Masters degree and want to take out a student loan of €8k which I hope to pay back over 3 years perhaps.

Does anyone know what options I should go for and which bank is the best?

I always thought a graduate loan meant you paid it off as soon as you got a graduate job but given the current economic climate, this seems to have gone out the window.

Thanks for all advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭BankMan

Are you working / have a regular income ?

A graduate loan is usually for people who are finished college, They use to get discounts as they were regarded an slightly less risk, being edumecated and all that, not sure if they're still in vogue though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Fruit1985

Yeah but it's not much. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭BankMan

unfortunately for you, any lender will probably assess you on your ability to repay the debt now, regardless of your future prospects:(

Advertisement