Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Setup Carsales website?

Options
  • 17-11-2008 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

A friend operates a car sales business and garage and has asked me to set him up a website for advertising his cars on. He was previously on Carzone and CBG but dropped carzone due to their recent ridiculous price increases plus it is nearly impossible to search their site for 4X4's or Commercials! It is being done to cut costs as sales are slow and with the way Carzone are carrying on it is like they want to drive customers away.

I am not a great expert on Websites and am more hardware oriented (despite being in Buisness) <I went from changing Ink cartridges to formatting and minor RAM chnges etc. as it was so hard to get good people to fix our IT that I had to learn myself!!

Anyway can anybody recommend anything that is easy for the guy to keep updated? Either a web design contractor etc? We will probably host in Ireland as he his own .com domain which was setup and ran by carzone, I wonder will they release it for us to create our own for him?

Any help would be great and very helpful!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

I hope alot more people turn away from carzone. Their new prices and design is extremly poor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Car-dealer

I am using them less and less and I too am looking at my own website development side of the business

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I made the website for our place inside.

Used Incomedia Website X5. Very simple to use and create a site. Very easy to update as well. If you've any question gimme a pm and i'll try as good as i can to help. If your working through an external site you can do redirects etc. etc. Very good package. Worth the try. Saves you using Html, but there's still an option to use it if needs be.

Advertisement