Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car feels bumpy lately

Options
  • 17-11-2008 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭

over the last 2 or 3 weeks my mazda 3 does not seem to be driving a smoothly as it usually does. Its like is gets bumpy every few seconds even on a smooth road, visually the tyres look fine but i didnt check if they were inflated to the correct pressure. Would this be worth checking?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

alignment might be out or your wheels might need balancing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

may be a electrical issue like a duff o2 sensor or air meter causing the engine to pulse and delivering uneven power, this can easily be confused with mechanical wear (e.g. tyres suspension etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Delivery of uneven power would give a noticible judder rather than a bumpy ride.

If you can feel it through the steering and it varies with road speed it is probably something as simple as a wheel out of balance. If it feels like the car is wallowing about it could be a shock absorber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

well i decided to coast to rule out the engine side last night and it was still was happening, its not major but i would like to sort it out anyway. Its feels a bit more rough going over ramps as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

dampers - check for leaks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I own an october 07 mazda 6 I have already replaced the rear shocks at 16,000 miles. I got it done under warranty with a struggle by ringing mazda Ireland before I contacted the garage. Mazda have a 12 month warranty on their spare parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

could be shocks alright....

I'm starting to read a few more posts than usual on mazda's historical reliability letting them down....

Advertisement