Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Home Phone & Broadband for €29 for 1st 6 months, then €49 - any good?

• 17-11-2008 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

just got a letter in the post for this

Always-on broadband:
    Up to 3Mbps or 7.6Mbps connection
    Bonus F-Secure PC Protection for 3 months
    30GB download limit and unlimited upload
    No connection fee

Home Phone:
    Free 200 mins to call up to 3 vodafone mobiles from your home phone every month
    Unlimited local and national calls
    Home phone calls to all mobiles for 20c per min
    Line rental included

Has anyone got experience of vodafone broadband and home phones?

is this a good deal?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Aren't Vodafone the old Smart telecom company?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Namesco wrote: »
    Aren't Vodafone the old Smart telecom company?

No, they're Perlico. Smart Telecom still exist

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jackie.du

I am with vodafone at home for 1 month now, so far so good, can get up to 6800 down and 340 up. they made a small mistake on my first month bill, but they corrected the mistake. you can call up to 200 mins of 3 vodafone mobile from landland and free local and national call. highly recommand.

by the way, the lower price will only apply if you are a bill pay vodafone mobile customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

jackie.du wrote: »
    by the way, the lower price will only apply if you are a bill pay vodafone mobile customer.
    hi, interested in this also. what is the lower price for vodafone customers?

EDIT: just read title! guess its the first 6 months price..

• Advertisement

ya, but compare to BT or Eircom, still saves me a lot. I am in balbriggan which UPC BB and smart BB is not available in my area.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its pretty much all the same, uses the same network as BT, UTV, Perlico etc so if you can get it cheap why not...not heard many complaints about Vodafone dsl tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Any idea if Vodafone throttle or enforce limits?

they have a 30GB cap which I don't like, but last month i went over to 32GB, they didn't increase my bill.but they don't throttle my speed of download.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Does this affect broadband over mobile? They have a 1GB cap on their mobile internet broadband offer, after which its 2c per Kilobyte!!!

I cant get DSL at the moment so I am stuck with their mobile solution!

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd seriously doubt it, DeV. You're really clutching at straws here aren't you.

DeVore wrote: »
    Does this affect broadband over mobile? They have a 1GB cap on their mobile internet broadband offer, after which its 2c per Kilobyte!!!

I cant get DSL at the moment so I am stuck with their mobile solution!

DeV.

why Don't you go to three for mobile BB??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭dohouch

yeah, am looking at this too, it seem good, free local and national, 20 cents all mobile netwks, 200 free mins to Voda mobiles + 3Mb all this for the same price as basice 1Mb Eircom.

Been 2 years with Eircom, and at least no billing problems, the stumbling block for me, the transition period, double billing or no broadband and each blaimg the other.

Also Eircom exchanged my faulty modem a few months back, they may come looking for.

Am dreaming, but to have a consumer watchdog with bite, that would penalise companies that jerk customers around with unkept promises. Rant,rant,rant

🧐God wants us all to enjoy many,many ice-creams , IMHO🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I just had a conversation with a vodafone home broadband sales person, they told me that the bill payerdoes not have to be a vodafone personal pay monthly customer to get the €29 for 6 month offer.

What they do need however is permission from a pay monthly customer to use the offer on behalf of them. In other words that person who is a pay monthly customer can nominate another to do this, but only one person or themselves.

I worked it out, I'm on BT and I would save a bundle the first year and it would be a little bit more expensive the following years BUT you get all the local and national calls for free, 200 mins to 3 vodafone numbers free per month and 20c calls to all mobile networks.

I just want to know what their throttle/capping policy is, the ulimited upload is pretty good for my private torrent tracker!. Sales people don't help much in that regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

why Don't you go to three for mobile BB??

Presumably because he can read.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

I currently have 1Mb Eircom broadband. I originally ordered 2Mb but got a call saying the line couldn't handle it so had to get 1Mb. This is almost certainly a stupid question but would I be right in assuming I wouldn't be able to get anything over 1Mb with Vodafone? Also do Vodafone even offer a 1Mb package?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

"Up to 3Mbit" it says, depends on your exchange and line I would say.

"Up to 3Mbit" it says, depends on your exchange and line I would say.

ok, i went over to 40GB this month,which 10GB over their caps. no sign of enforce my speed so far,see what's going to happen on my bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

ok, i went over to 40GB this month,which 10GB over their caps. no sign of enforce my speed so far,see what's going to happen on my bill

how do you find your vf at home? good/bad/dont notice any change?

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    how do you find your vf at home? good/bad/dont notice any change?

service=good, customer service=good

30GB cap for 59 euros???? very Bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I just rang up about this and heard something different about the pay monthly customer thingy, the lady on the line to me said that the non bill payer who is a pay monthly customer has to live in the same house and get their bills sent to that address in order to get the 6 month offer :(

They have a latitude with a printer on offer on the site for 399 inc vat, I asked the girl what the spec was and this is what I got (had to type it quickly while she was saying it on the phone):

2ghz amd 3600+ 2
    80gb

dvd writer

vista
    15.4 screen

4cell batter

microst office

2gb ram

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Ten Tenths

Hav'nt come across one complaint about Vodafone Home. Think I might make the leap

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

We're looking into this too.
    Not liking the 30gb download limit. I just had a look at my stats with eircom and I have gone over the 30gb a lot recently.

Just had a look at the other rates with Vodafone at Home and its actually cheaper to call a UK fixed line (9c) than an Irish Mobile (20c)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Ten Tenths

Intend to sign up for this on Monday. its not a bad deal and Vodafone have been around a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I'm considering this switch too, does anyone know how long to expect it to take?

When I installed the Eircom line and switched to BT it took around 10 weeks. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

JustinOval wrote: »
    I'm considering this switch too, does anyone know how long to expect it to take?

When I installed the Eircom line and switched to BT it took around 10 weeks. :rolleyes:

Upto 21 days for it to complete fully, but I'd expect it would go through slightly faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭McSween

We changed on the 20th June and both the home and broadband were changed over by the 1st July.

They say there will be no interruption of bb, but the modem light went red on ours and i chanced a phone call to tthem to see was it changing over. i needed to get a password and login.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 CorballyHouse

HI, I've looked and can see nothing on the Vodafone website, T&Cs etc... that state you need to be a Vodafone customer to avail of the offers... could anyone advise where this is stated (apart from verbally by Vodafone reps?)

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭I_am_Jebus

Hi,

Was wondering if someone could help me with this:

I bought a house about 9 months ago (second hand) and have only moved into this week. I notice there are two phone connection points in the house branded with the Eircom logo. I presume that the previous owners had some sort of telephone line in the house and it was obviously cancelled when they left.

I was wondering can I sign up to vodafone at home or do they need an active line connection? Would I have to be with Eircom first (and re-activate the phone line) then switch over after my 12 month Eircom contract finishes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Only eircom can activate a line, but there is no minimum contract, unless you order additional services from them at the same time.

You don't need to be a Vodafone customer already in order to get home phone and broadband from them.

Advertisement