Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Home Phone & Broadband for €29 for 1st 6 months, then €49 - any good?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

This may be a stupid question, but if i switch over to Vodaphone, i won't have to pay for line rental to Eircom will I?? We presently have the stupid situation of paying Eircom for Line rental and Broadband, and paying BT for phone calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

cardol wrote: »
    The equivalent Vodafone package is the €45 monthly package. If you follow the link - http://www.vodafone.ie/homebroadband/?ts=1255696885605 - and click "more about..." there is then the option to compare with other packages.

P.S. Love all the ads on TV lately about everyone moving back to Eircom!:)

So things I would be losing on Vodafone's package are cheaper calls to Britain/US, Eircom Mailbox(which I do use regularly) and discounts on non-Vodafone mobiles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

So things I would be losing on Vodafone's package are cheaper calls to Britain/US

Using the Telesaver number is the way forward for these.
    http://www.telesaver.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Is anybody who changed over finding the broadband brutal at times? I live at home, and there are 3 laptops and a PC dependent on the broadband, and found that if more than 2 of the computers are trying to do stuff on the internet, it crashes and won't connect to the internet for about half an hour.

I'm not too up on technical terms but we wouldn't be downloading stuff, with my sisters, it's mainly browsing, social networking, youtube, wikipedia etc. Dad uses his for the same thing, and news websites and stuff. It's just getting to be a pain, we never had this problem with eircom, just since we switched over.

Would it have anything to do with the fact that we live in the backarse of nowhere, or is the broadband a bit off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

it could be a lot of things like are your laptops wireless meaning is the router up stairs and you downstairs this will slow it down a hell of a lot seeing as theres 2 laptops sharing the connecton.??does it do it as a particular time evey evening or when does it drop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

Is anybody who changed over finding the broadband brutal at times? I live at home, and there are 3 laptops and a PC dependent on the broadband, and found that if more than 2 of the computers are trying to do stuff on the internet, it crashes and won't connect to the internet for about half an hour.

I'm not too up on technical terms but we wouldn't be downloading stuff, with my sisters, it's mainly browsing, social networking, youtube, wikipedia etc. Dad uses his for the same thing, and news websites and stuff. It's just getting to be a pain, we never had this problem with eircom, just since we switched over.

Would it have anything to do with the fact that we live in the backarse of nowhere, or is the broadband a bit off?

What package are you on-3mb or 7mb?

Advertisement