Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steven(Steva) Riordan, All Ireland winning Hurling Captain 1903

Options
  • 17-11-2008 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Does anyone have any information or sources for the life and times of Steva Roirdan who played for Ballintemple and Blackrock in the 1900s. I have the Wikipidia entry but it doesn't say a lot. His Dublin great-nephews and nieces are in their 70s and 80s now and I would like to get this info for them before time runs out. My grandfather watched him win the All Ireland in 1903 as a 9 year old boy.I wrote to both his clubs and recieved no reply,thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Twinksno1flan

Some one does must.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I'm sure the county board are a bit busy in Cork, but if you give the Examiner's sportsdesk a call they might have the name of a local historian, or reports of any matches he played in their archives.

Also, find out who he played against in the Championship, as their local papers will have records. If they played Limerick (for example), get in touch with the Limerick leader, etc.

Advertisement