Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metal Bands

• 17-11-2008 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi. Is there any good or famous black metal bands from ireland here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Primordial. is the only one i know of. Theres probably lots more but i'd be at a loss to try and name any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

As far as black metal goes there isn't a great pile. Antioch would be the only real black metal band I know of from Ireland, but there's a few who would have black metal influence, the biggest being Primordial and Cruachan.

Antioch: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=371553876
    Primordial: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=68887128
    Cruachan: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=47556196

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

mostly we seem to gravitate towards Death Metal bands coming out of Ireland, and there's plenty of decent ones........
    I don't know about too many Black Metal bands that have lasted or had any decent output.....

Were Kingdom Black Metal or Death Metal ???

I always thought Black Metal would have been bigger here, from the point of view of bands, just thought we'd the right environment for it, but I guess not, either that or there aren't enough people with the BM ethos that are musical too......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

There's a band from Cork called Altar of Plagues who seem to be making a bit of headway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 myst

FOR RUIN
    Sol Axis
    check out metalireland.com for them all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Don't forget Na Damanta :).

i seen ye at the last deathfest dan put on, at least i think it was you?? ya covered a behemoth song?? wouldnt have considerd ya black metal per se . . .

myst wrote: »
    i seen ye at the last deathfest dan put on, at least i think it was you?? ya covered a behemoth song?? wouldnt have considerd ya black metal per se . . .
    Is that a response to my post? If so, I'm nothing to do with Na Damanta. My referring to them as Black Metal is down to the fact that they have themselves listed as "Death Metal / Black Metal" on their MySpace page.

malice_ wrote: »
    Is that a response to my post? If so, I'm nothing to do with Na Damanta. My referring to them as Black Metal is down to the fact that they have themselves listed as "Death Metal / Black Metal" on their MySpace page.

ah right just presumed twas your band??

myst wrote: »
    ah right just presumed twas your band??
    I'm not sure why you thought that but no worries anyway ;).

• Advertisement

one or two reasons haha :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Betallica

Pugsley wrote: »
    As far as black metal goes there isn't a great pile.
    Cruachan: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=47556196
    I have only one song, Bloody Sunday and it has nothing to do with black metal. :D
    Though the song is good, have traditional Irish melodies in it, and it's quite interesting to me though I'm limited only to Thrash and Death. :D

But Northern Ireland has one hell of a band. They're still newcomers, but sound like they're from 80's.

http://www.myspace.com/gamabomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Great googly mooglies...

As has been said...

FOR RUIN
    ALTAR OF PLAGUES
    SOL AXIS
    NA DAMANTA
    DIABOLICUS
    SIORAI GEIMHREADH
    ETERNAL HELCARAXE
    SOLACE OF NADIR
    McGALLIGOG
    NOCTURNAL HOLOCAUST

And there are most definitely a million other outfits banging about the countryside...

There's list of all Irish bands on Metalireland so you can root through there.

And do a band search on Myspace, putting in Venom or Mayhem as an influence. You'll get your bands there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

I'm one of the guitarists in Na Damanta and I wouldn't really call us black metal either. Don't know which one of us put it as the genre :confused:

You can't trust that MySpace. I've seen a few black metal bands on it with Japanese pop listed as one of their genres. :D

My favourite Irish black metal band at the moment is Nocturnal Holocaust. Ya can't beat good ol corpse paint!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I'm suprised nobody mentioned Arcane Sun, they only released one album back in 1998, but its a stunning album and truly well worth checking out.

Advertisement