Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i be shafted on my redundancy pay?

Options
  • 17-11-2008 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

the carpentry company that i work for has told me that they are letting me go. no biggie, there are thousands like me, but i didnt get paid in the last four weeks because they reckon that they havent got the money. im just worried that they will try to stop my redundancy payment too. the company might be shutting down by christmas because they owe so much. what are my chances of ever seeing my money that im entitled to? please help if ye can.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Sadly, if they have no money they have no money. Can't squeeze blood from a turnip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

curley1 wrote: »
    the carpentry company that i work for has told me that they are letting me go. no biggie, there are thousands like me, but i didnt get paid in the last four weeks because they reckon that they havent got the money. im just worried that they will try to stop my redundancy payment too. the company might be shutting down by christmas because they owe so much. what are my chances of ever seeing my money that im entitled to? please help if ye can.

You are still entitled to claim your statuatory redundancy pay, check out http://www.entemp.ie/employment/redundancy/calculator.htm and you can even do it online. Your employers will then have to pay it back eventually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 curley1

i forgot to say that they changed the name of the company last year, i think that they got a new c2 as well. does this have any effect on my payment? surely im entitled to the four years because its still the same boss

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

i forgot to say that they changed the name of the company last year, i think that they got a new c2 as well. does this have any effect on my payment? surely im entitled to the four years because its still the same boss

Not necessarily. If you were employed by two seperate legal entities- you have to chase both seperate legal entities, irrespective of whether they had the same employees etc.

It used to be a common way for companies to escape their debts- but is now a fast-track to having the directors prescribed under the Companies Acts......

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭brosnadog

im in the same boat, the company i worked for changed hands (and name) about 18 months ago when i asked the question i was told that because my service wasnt broke i was entitled to my full redundancy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement