Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dual cd -entry level mixer

• 17-11-2008 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Need a bit of advice lads- nephew into mixes etc and was hoping to get him some equip - twin cd and mixer- any advice

cheers

-sorry posted to wrong place earlier

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

If he has a laptop already, i'd recommend a controller and software bundle rather than CD's.

Hercules rmx would sit at the top of the list on my cheap and cheerful pile at about 350 euro, for an all in one solution thats very solidly built.

How much are you looking at spending ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

HFXOC wrote: »
    Need a bit of advice lads- nephew into mixes etc and was hoping to get him some equip - twin cd and mixer- any advice
    cheers

Apart from the easier software route, if he wants to get into actual DJing with decks then a few companies make starter kits like gemini or a more basic brand like Ion or Citronic.
    The drop in the pund means that you can get stuff cheaper from the UK than Thomann for a change.
    Try:

www.whybuynew.co.uk
    or
    www.dv247.com

They have Euro prices and will deliver to Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 HFXOC

cheers lads - spoke with the nephew and picked up aBehringer BCD2000 Mixer on dv247 for sfa - it will get him started

tnx

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I would not recommend the Behrniger BCD2000. I bought it 2 years ago and it was ok then, but there are much better out there now. Get the BCD3000 at the least.

Advertisement