Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary Level Maths Book

Options
  • 18-11-2008 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Im repeating my leaving for medicine and i need to resit maths. Last year I did Higher and got a B but i dropped it to ordinary this year cuz its too much work!!!

Im dont go to maths classes very much like i just sit the odd test now and then. So im wondering whats the best maths book to buy just to flick through now and then to see some good examples and to refresh the formulae in my head???

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Text and Texts 3 I'd say. That's what anybody I know doing pass uses. Actually, it's the only pass book I've heard of...

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

We're using New Concise Maths 3, I believe.
    It's a big fat yellow book.

Ordinary maths is a different course, you need to learn different formulaes. Albeit, you go into a lot more detail in honours (example circle, line, differentiation so you should be fine in these questions) you do need to learn some other things.

Choose a good option question. Paper 2 q11 linear programming is a nice easy one (for me anyway) You use the same methods for almost every question.

Buy Exam Papers (obvious) and learn the layout/style of questions. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭smndly

Cheers thanks guys!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Gloom wrote: »
    We're using New Concise Maths 3, I believe.
    It's a big fat yellow book.
    I hate this book, always mistake it for my economics one. Mines already in bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

oh god,do not get text and tests,i have it and it puts in **** that is waay harder than ordinary level,i think youd be better off gettin the two revise wises and doing past exam questions,i only use the book because my teacher insists on useing it,but if find i benefit much more from doing exam qs. im repeating too, anyway just my opinion:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I'd say just go for a Revise Wise or a revision book or something, that and the Past Papers are all you need to get an A1 comfortably having gotten a B at HL previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,785 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jay P wrote: »
    Text and Texts 3 I'd say. That's what anybody I know doing pass uses. Actually, it's the only pass book I've heard of...

Ridiculous book..The examples in them make easy stuff seem impossible..Get Revise Wise

Advertisement