Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking in between the rain... I cannot remember this book!

Options
  • 18-11-2008 4:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Ok, so this is going to be a bit of a random thread.

I read a book a fair few years ago. I can't really remember what it was about. Not vividly anyway.

It may have been two, or more, stories intertwined about two children who were "special", I'm almost certain there was a little girl and a little boy, from two separate families, two separate stories.

They were special in some way I think. I.e. special abilities.

Anyway, the only two bits of the story I can remember is that
    the mother of the boy realises that even though it is raining the boy is not wet, he says he "walks in between the rain" or "in the place where there is no rain"
    or something like that.

Also, near the end of the book,
    it is the birthday of the father of a family(it might be the boy grown up) and he is blind. But this man's son goes to all the "different places" and gets all of the non-blind versions of the blind man to lend him use of their eyes, allowing him to see.

I know this is pretty weird, and that it is nearly 4am but I cannot find/remember this book!

Maybe someone here has read it?

EDIT: Spoilers added as requested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭knightmare

From the corner of his eye - Dean Koontz

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Someone might want to throw in a few spoilers now it's been found!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Dades wrote: »
    Someone might want to throw in a few spoilers now it's been found!

Here's one - don't bother. It's complete and utter claptrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭I_Mr_Euphony

knightmare wrote: »
    From the corner of his eye - Dean Koontz
    That was bizarrely prompt. Thanks!
    Honey-ec wrote: »
    Here's one - don't bother. It's complete and utter claptrap.
    I don't know about that. It must have been at least all right if it has managed to get stuck in my head for this long.
    I'll have to re-read now that I know what it was called.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I actually really enjoyed that, thought it was one of his better ones. Read it twice 'cos I raced through it the first time to find out what it meant on the back of it by saying
    the wee lad got his sight back and it had something to do with a pigeon or something
    . Madly far fetched but for me, very enjoyable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement