Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subbed php directing to the main page now

Options
  • 18-11-2008 8:28am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I used to use this php: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subbed.php?onlynew=yes
    to search for new posts. I got it from Ecksor ages ago when the search function wasn't working, he posted it in feedback.

It's now directing me to the home page/subbed. Is it gone for good or has something borked it? Would love to have it back, it that's possible, it's great for discrete surfing. If it's gone for a reason then fair enough.

Thanks.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Redirecting to index/subbed for now as it may be causing problems, very inefficient, old query.

You should use the RSS feeds for discreet browsing :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Ok, cheers CuLT :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

But there are no personalised rss feeds are there?

http://www.boards.ie/rss.php?filter=subbed

Little RSS icon at the top of each filter on the front page.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

CuLT wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/rss.php?filter=subbed

Little RSS icon at the top of each filter on the front page.

My bad. I always thought they were forum rss.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Theres no info in the rss feed saying what forum the thread is in..

Is there a mobile version of the main subbed index page on the way or is there a way to indicate what forum the thread is from?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Oops. Just made a post in Feedback about this... forgot about the dev forum.

Would love to see this subbed.php back again, anyway.

Or maybe there's a way to include subscribed threads in the index/subbed page? Would be awesome and would save the hassle of switching between index/subbed and UserCP all the time, and occasional missing replies as a result.

Goodshape wrote: »
    Or maybe there's a way to include subscribed threads in the index/subbed page? Would be awesome and would save the hassle of switching between index/subbed and UserCP all the time, and occasional missing replies as a result.
    Nice idea, will jot it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

:(

I'll miss it. It was my "*5" on opera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I support his idea./

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Cool.

.....and, eh, subbed.php seems to be back again now :)

Does that mean it's fixed, or does that mean it's been uploaded again by mistake - and now you're aware of it you're going to remove it - and I probably should have just kept my mouth shut? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Goodshape wrote: »
    Cool.

.....and, eh, subbed.php seems to be back again now :)

Does that mean it's fixed, or does that mean it's been uploaded again by mistake - and now you're aware of it you're going to remove it - and I probably should have just kept my mouth shut? ;)
    God damn, ok I've updated the repo.

I've also updated rss.php?filter=subbed to include forum names in the title also, so having it setup like a news feed in your browser is probably more effective now. I seemed to have skipped over that suggestion or not understood the implication when I first read it, mea culpa.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement