Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro - Receiver Issue

Options
  • 18-11-2008 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I think I have a problem with my Digiweb Metro receiver. I have contacted Digiweb and they said they will get an Engineer to ring me, but I thought I might get some good advice here.

The problem is that my modem doesn't seem to see any activity on the cable and so I can't connect to the internet etc.

When the BB does work, it can be erratic, sometimes it works for an hour, sometimes a few hours. The problem has been happening for about a week.

I can solve the problem about 75% of the time by plugging out the power to the receiver, waited about 30 seconds and powering it up again, and then powering down and up the modem.

Digiweb said there was no problems with the transmitter (Woodcock Hill, near Shannon, outside Limerick) and mentioned there might be an obstacle disrupting the signal between the transmitter and receiver.

There has been no new buildings or other obstacles in the area and the fact I can solve the problem most of the time by powering down and up the receiver, makes me think it's the receiver that is screwed up.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

same thing happened to me and they came out and fixed it. Said there was interference too. And now it's happening again. Coupled with the recent fcuk you email they sent I will be moving to upc very soon.

Advertisement