Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guitar hero for windows PC

Options
  • 18-11-2008 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

new to this whole games/guitar hero stuff. recently got a new laptop and was looking on the net for some decent games, came across guitar hero for PC I think, is this possible that you can play guitar hero on PC using the keyboard, and that you can buy the guitar and plug it into the PC and run it the same as playstation/Xbox

all comments/links appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

You sure it was Guitar Hero?

There are a couple of PC versions of clones, but I don't think they are guitar hero.

There's some crap one called Guitar Zero...

Also there's a PC game called Frets On Fire which can be changed to look like Guitar Hero... That's the most popular one and as far as I know, it works really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

You can buy guitar hero 3 and guitar hero aerosmith for the pc.

You can buy guitar hero 3 and guitar hero aerosmith for the pc.

but can you use the keyboard keys, or does it have to be a plastic instrument? I think that was one of the questions.

Cully wrote: »
    but can you use the keyboard keys, or does it have to be a plastic instrument? I think that was one of the questions.

Yes you can play with the keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

you can also route up a 360 guitar to play on the laptop if you want.I did it a while ago with frets of fire and worked a treat.

• Advertisement

Yes you can play with the keyboard.

cheat0r!
    Meatwad wrote: »
    you can also route up a 360 guitar to play on the laptop if you want.I did it a while ago with frets of fire and worked a treat.

Hmm.. interesting.. I have a PS2 Pop'N'Music controller that would be so awesome to play GH with.. of course it's not a guitar, but would be awesomely fun nevertheless...

Here's what I mean..

481533182_b26cb53aca.jpg?v=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

my god that thing is so cool,unless of course the guy in the picture is very very small.

I really want one of those full size arcade controls like in the picture but they're so expensive.

I really want one of those full size arcade controls like in the picture but they're so expensive.

I got an official arcade one... normally costs around €600 or so... good luck getting one...

The good thing about it is that there are OVER 20 games for it... think of it like 20+ guitar hero's... except each disc of this has more songs on it.

The one in the picture looks like a custom one.. and not as good as the original.

Cedomination - play it in my house when you come over next :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

you can get guitar hero 3 for pc from play for a pretty good price: http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/3511124/Guitar-Hero-III-Legends-Of-Rock/Product.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Sorry to hijack but im looking at getting into this myself (played for the 1t time on new years eve, just 2 songs but...awesome)

So I'm wondering should I go for the wired Xplorer or get a wireless adapter + guitar? Or does it make much difference?

Will be playing on a laptop btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,279 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Do whatever is cheapest of course~!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Or do whatever's absolutely free and at no loss to quality. It was mentioned earlier but not in much detail.

Here's what I'm talking about.

Frets on Fire has come a long way over the years. There are many mods available that can make it look identical to either Guitar Hero or Rock Band, and it even supports drums now. That and their community is filled with hundreds of members posting new songs everyday.

Here's a couple of videos I've made using it:

Master of Puppets - Metallica

Amaranth - Nightwish

Don't waste your money! This is the way to go.

Game itself isnt a problem, its the controller I'm interested in.

You can get it from the states for $9.99 (they won't deliver intl), the cheapest I've found is £30 including delivery but its out of stock atm

Or do whatever's absolutely free and at no loss to quality. It was mentioned earlier but not in much detail.

Here's what I'm talking about.

Frets on Fire has come a long way over the years. There are many mods available that can make it look identical to either Guitar Hero or Rock Band, and it even supports drums now. That and their community is filled with hundreds of members posting new songs everyday.

Here's a couple of videos I've made using it:

Don't waste your money! This is the way to go.

For custom songs it's well worth getting a ps2 (they're cheap as hell now) and making custom discs.
    It's far better than frets on fire or any other guitar hero/rock band clone,it's just like the regular game but with your own songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

For custom songs it's well worth getting a ps2 (they're cheap as hell now) and making custom discs.
    It's far better than frets on fire or any other guitar hero/rock band clone,it's just like the regular game but with your own songs.

I don't see how purchasing a PS2 and going to the effort of modding it so it accepts custom discs which in their own right take ages to produce is any better than Frets on Fire.

Did you not see the videos I posted? A guy made the whole Master of Puppets album and posted the link up on the forums. I had it within ten minutes all ready to play.

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Game itself isnt a problem, its the controller I'm interested in.

You can get it from the states for $9.99 (they won't deliver intl), the cheapest I've found is £30 including delivery but its out of stock atm
    well some of us ARE in the states. Link please

Overheal wrote: »

Make your own...
    Prepare for Awesomeness

or
    Use Your GH stuff...
    http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/using-guitar-hero-controller

Overheal wrote:

It was on redoctane but thats gone up to $15 now...

$10 on circuit city or $13.99 if you get it delivered
    http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=206684&c=1&linkid=j13774590k54384&affiliateid=k54384&mid=893008-2-0-ARTICLE-0

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    It was on redoctane but thats gone up to $15 now...

$10 on circuit city or $13.99 if you get it delivered
    http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=206684&c=1&linkid=j13774590k54384&affiliateid=k54384&mid=893008-2-0-ARTICLE-0
    nice try anyway - looks like Circuit City shut its doors this week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement