Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Impending car tax. Change of address

Options
  • 18-11-2008 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Earlier this year, a Polish colleague started working with us this year and moved house to be closer to work. This was not long after he taxed his car for 12 months. He started working with us soon after and in the process of moving out, he fell out with his housemates over bills etc

He reckons his renewal will go to his old address and they'll throw it in the bin. He's trying to avoid having to go to the tax office cos it will inevitably be a couple of hours. This will isn't good with lay-offs looming.

If he does the change of address on the reg. cert., will it be changed on the database on time to get his renewal to his new address in January??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

cantdecide wrote: »
    If he does the change of address on the reg. cert., will it be changed on the database on time to get his renewal to his new address in January??

did one recently - it was back to me within 2 weeks - they have well cleared the backlog that used to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

JoeySully wrote: »
    did one recently - it was back to me within 2 weeks - they have well cleared the backlog that used to be there

Isn't there a further lag with regard to road tax, though??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

cantdecide wrote: »
    Isn't there a further lag with regard to road tax, though??

i dont know i always get my brother to pop in for me :D he works evening so why can yer friend find someone to pop in and get one. just put old address on the form https://www.motortax.ie/OMT/pdf/RF100A_en.pdf

then send off the cert and get the address changed

Advertisement