Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Shaky Vibrating Golf....

Options
  • 18-11-2008 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

:confused:Hi, just wondering would would anyone possible know whats up with my golf? When i drive it, it feels like its not 100% , like its always vibrating really bad or jumping...hard to explain but even if i was sitting waiting on the traffic lights, my gear stick would be going 100 miles an hour and so would whoever was in the car, it shakes that much.

Was driving it with 17" low profiles, but have since put back on the originals as i felt a little safer but still all this jumping isnt right and im just looking for some suggestions or has anyone had any problems like that with there golf!!

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

sounds like worn engine or gearbox mounts ...possibly both. (Could also be a loose exhaust but that's more unlikely)

Get it checked before anything falls off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Double Dee

Hi Peasant.....

I have had to buy a new engine at the start of the year for the car, and only got exhaust done last week....

But still no joy..... looks like next thing to look at it gear box....sick of spending money on it to be honest...still paying off the engine!! Worst car i ever bought but thanks for the reply!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭BrianD3

It could be running on 3 cylinders due to a coil issue. If that is the case you'll notice lumpy running, vibration, poor performance etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Double Dee

How do i find that out...?? I have to get it sorted....spend loads of money fixing the car, but yet im getting nothing back in return!! Something always seems to happnen!!

Advertisement