Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N95 Firmware

• 18-11-2008 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Can anyone confirm what is the latest N95 Firware version?

My phone says it has Version 20.0.015 installed, when I check on the nokia website with my device code it says Version 13 is the latest, and the news section of the website says that Version 30 was availabvle from the end of September!

Either way, I can't update my phone's firmware no matter what I do!!

Should mention that I have the N95 4GB (silver phone) not the new one.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

mmmmmm...Intresting

My phone has V20.0.015

When I use Nokias update manager, it says that I have the latest version.

Wonder why is not giving me the V30

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Swinging Looney

Has me confused too. I have exactly the same version in my N95. Is it possible that certain versions are associated with different operators on different networks? Or even different regions??

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ta me anseo

Just got a response from Nokia that says that not all versions of firmware may be approved by individual operators, so my phone may well have the latest version that Vodafone want me to use. Newer versions may not yet be approved or might not be compatible with some of Vodafones services.

So is there any risk in trying to update to Version 30? Will this at worst mean that I might not be able to access some of Vodafones (mostly crappy) services and inadvertently do myself a favour! Or could something more sinister happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Just got a response from Nokia that says that not all versions of firmware may be approved by individual operators, so my phone may well have the latest version that Vodafone want me to use. Newer versions may not yet be approved or might not be compatible with some of Vodafones services.

So is there any risk in trying to update to Version 30? Will this at worst mean that I might not be able to access some of Vodafones (mostly crappy) services and inadvertently do myself a favour! Or could something more sinister happen?
    I'm using V30 on vodafone and never had any problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

if you want latest version you more than likely have to debrand your phone from operator. Thats what i done anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Szondi wrote: »
    mmmmmm...Intresting

My phone has V20.0.015

When I use Nokias update manager, it says that I have the latest version.

Wonder why is not giving me the V30
    Vodafones latest (restricted) version is V.20 - you will need to debrand your N95 to say, European default with a promgram called Nemesis Software Suite and then run the updater again.

http://clear-nokia.blogspot.com/2007/05/nokia-n95-debranding-guide.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I'm using V30 on vodafone and never had any problems.
    Same here have v30 on vodafone no problems at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi

Downloaded everything, debrabded adn installed new version....

Excellent

Thanks

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

hi.. im having the same problems as the op.
    i downloaded the nemesis software and changed the product code on the phone. but nokia software updater still say v.20 is the latest version availbe???? any help???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,316 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

when i did an upgrade a while back it changed the mapping software and reduced the functionality, no more calculating routes. pretty awful upgrade/downgrade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

How do you check the firmware version guys? Simple question I know...

o really???
    so is the v.20 the best firmware??
    my phone is vodafone branded so im trying to remove the brand!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

*#0000#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

eolhc wrote: »
    when i did an upgrade a while back it changed the mapping software and reduced the functionality, no more calculating routes. pretty awful upgrade/downgrade

I never used the calculating routes functionality so hadn't noticed that. It is better in other ways though. Interface is better and it's much faster.

I never used the calculating routes functionality so hadn't noticed that. It is better in other ways though. Interface is better and it's much faster.

ok. 2 differant opions here... any1 else got any input:confused:???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

On V30 here too, it is faster and the 3G performance seems to have become much more stable.

As said before use the NSS to unbrand the phone using an Euro code and then get the latest Nokia PC Suite (the Nseries one that comes with the phone is cack imo) and the upgrade should work.

Be advised you need to back up all your music, contacts and photos first though as the upgrade will delete them.

I installed all my apps again as the first time I upgraded I tried to restore them and it went a bit wonky.

Check out the forums on http://www.n95users.com/ for much more detailed explanations.

On V30 here too, it is faster and the 3G performance seems to have become much more stable.

As said before use the NSS to unbrand the phone using an Euro code and then get the latest Nokia PC Suite (the Nseries one that comes with the phone is cack imo) and the upgrade should work.

Be advised you need to back up all your music, contacts and photos first though as the upgrade will delete them.

I installed all my apps again as the first time I upgraded I tried to restore them and it went a bit wonky.

Check out the forums on http://www.n95users.com/ for much more detailed explanations.
    i was using the uk code.......... ill try the euro code and see how i get on

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Same here have v30 on vodafone no problems at all.

Hmm. I upgraded at the weekend. It seems faster but is also more prone to freezing and has shutdown twice. Autorotate seems buggy as well.

On Vodafone, totally simfree out of the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

V30 was installed after the phone was sent back for repair.

Battery life seems much improved, although previous firmware was at least 6 months old. Some improvement on 3G performance.

Screen goes blank occasionally however, and camera has behaved strangely a few times too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement