Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The questions all ES boarders are sick of answering...

• 18-11-2008 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

I was looking to apply to the Gardai towards the end of next year but recent budget cuts have made me look to move this forward. Has anyone a ballpark of when the next recruitment drive might be? And, obviously based on being successful, from time of application it takes 6-12 months to end up in Templemore?

Thank you to anyone who replies x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

i-digress wrote: »
    I was looking to apply to the Gardai towards the end of next year but recent budget cuts have made me look to move this forward. Has anyone a ballpark of when the next recruitment drive might be? And, obviously based on being successful, from time of application it takes 6-12 months to end up in Templemore?

Thank you to anyone who replies x

Has anyone a ballpark of when the next recruitment drive might be?

anyones guess id say they have a steady stream for a while but id guessthere will be one mid 09

from time of application it takes 6-12 months to end up in Templemore?
    very ambitious i applied may 08 doubt ill be in by may 09 by the looks of things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭i-digress

So I could be looking at a three year wait? Is that right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

i-digress wrote: »
    So I could be looking at a three year wait? Is that right?

nobody knows for definite ... every application is treated differently and separately.

You may get lucky after applying and get into Templemore ahead of people waiting from this years' campaigns OR you may have to wait some time (their is no exact time-frame for waiting). Some people posting here applied last year; have everything complete and are still waiting to hear about getting into Templemore.

so their is no way of knowing how long anyone will be waiting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Not being harsh but in all honesty there is no way to know. You just have to read through the Applying to Join thread like everyone else. You don;t even have to read back that far either.

Also I don't see why another thread is needed as all answers are in Applying to Join thread.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement