Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Hard-Drive

• 18-11-2008 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking to buy a new 500GB / 1 Terrabyte external HD (old one packed in :().

Any bargains out there?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 dinos

Check out komplett.ie

Got a great value 1tb on there last august and it words perfectly... http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=363148

€115, fast delivery. May be better deals out there now, but this was the best I came up with. hth.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

ebay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Dabs.ie have a number of options, cheapest 1TB (USB2 for €92.32 (not incl. shipping).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭DenMan

PC World are doing great deals on externals right now. Maxter External 500 GB is 85 euro, 1TB is 130 euro (USB2). You could get better deals if shopped around. I know PC World have an agreement to sell Maxter peripherals and I have never had any problem with them whatsoever. Great brand. Owned by Seagate who also produce external drives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

don't forget Pixmania.ie as well. Prices are pretty good. The Western Digital My Books are pretty good. 1tb for about 129ish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Before you buy a new one take the old one out of the case and try it direct cabled in the PC.

My external 500GB Iomega died recently and at the weekend I took it apart and mounted it in the Pc and it's working like a dream. The built-in controller in the external case was all that died apparently. Only took a few minutes but saved me a lot of €€€€. I'm putting that one down as a win.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Not sure if it's a great deal, but Maplin UK have a Maxtor 1.5TB HDD for £129 (roughly €156 excl. shipping).

Dunno if they have a similar offer in their ROI stores.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=226762&C=Newsletter&U=08P12-5_A36JC&T=-10970572

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

i got the one from komplett posted above, delivered in 3 days, great hdd , pretty slim as well for 1T

Advertisement