Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a mount

Options
  • 18-11-2008 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭

Reacehd lvl 30 now 32 but need 35g to learn riding skilll... any quikc tips to earn quick coinage?!

wat to sell at AH? what herbs/potions/colth sells best?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Each server is different, so different prices all over the place. But mining is a nice way to make money, or any gathering profession like mining, skinning, herb etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Since it's so close to Wotlk release, the AH is pretty unpredictable atm. One thing to note is that some DK's will be wanting to powerlevel Blacksmithing and wont want to trudge around the lower level areas mining copper, iron etc. so you could take advantage of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Blowfish wrote: »
    Since it's so close to Wotlk release, the AH is pretty unpredictable atm. One thing to note is that some DK's will be wanting to powerlevel Blacksmithing and wont want to trudge around the lower level areas mining copper, iron etc. so you could take advantage of that.

well trouble im not mining im a herber! might get one of the guild to go fetching ore lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

herbs still make good money too. Also random BoE green/blues can go for a nice ammount on AH too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Take mining and herbalism. Leave track mining on and sure you can see most herbs easily without tracking so long as you know the general areas they spawn.

Or take skinning instead of herbalism.
    Both herbs and skins will sell well but always take mining if you want to gain gold.

Blacksmiths, Engineers and Jewelcrafters need Ore and Bars from the mining so always a good market to sell them. Just watch the AH and keep your prices in and around the average.
    If you're on a high populated server you're probably going to have a lot of competition from commercial gold sellers/farmers so g'luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

get the auctioneer addon , and use the "appraiser" option to get the best price for whatever you're selling in the Auction house.
    If you get enchanting - buying and DEing green items can sometimes make a lot of money - it depends on the market though.

well trouble im not mining im a herber! might get one of the guild to go fetching ore lol
    That's still not bad, there'll be people levelling inscription, so herbs should still be selling pretty well. :)

so do the herbs sell for more than the potions themselves? because i could just gather the herbs which woudl increase my skill in that and make the potions which would also increase my skill in that and sell the potions to ppl that dont have alchemy to make them?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Farm wool, trust me its a gold mine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

unbelieveable amount of money being made from low level herbs now due to people levelling up inscription

• Advertisement

so do the herbs sell for more than the potions themselves? because i could just gather the herbs which woudl increase my skill in that and make the potions which would also increase my skill in that and sell the potions to ppl that dont have alchemy to make them?
    The herbs are used for more than just alchemy, so (up until the high levels) the mats for a potion will cost more than you can actually sell the potion for.

Blowfish wrote: »
    The herbs are used for more than just alchemy, so (up until the high levels) the mats for a potion will cost more than you can actually sell the potion for.

yae i noticed taht actually.. i tried buying rakes of herbs form AH and making potions to put back onto AH but not worth it at all at all...
    regards wool ive a bank full of that cause was gonna donate to the War Effort thingy but now just gonna sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 asmo

Farm wool, trust me its a gold mine
    maybe but you would have to farm alot to get a nice profit.

Advertisement