Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LoI Close Season Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2008-09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

gimmick wrote: »
    Faz Kuduzuzuzuzzuic is signing for CCFC today. I'll be back later with the bells and whistles.

One good thing about this though is that it will piss off the bitter Shels brigade all the more :)

Here's something on this from the website mentioned above.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/1179/
    Kuduzovic opts for Cork

2009-01-27 23:51:57

By Simon Carter

Bosnian striker Fahrudin Kuduzovic has opted to sign for League of Ireland Premier Division club Cork City, after turning down a better financial offer from Dundalk.
    Sean Connor, who managed Kuduzovic at Sligo Rovers two seasons ago, was thought to be close to landing the player for the newly promoted Lilywhites. However, Kuduzovic has instead chosen to join Cork and Paul Doolin, who signed the 24-year-old from Sligo for Drogheda United just last summer.
    Kuduzovic is the second Drog to follow Doolin to Leeside after the recent implosion of the Louth club, after goalkeeper Dan Connor signed on at Turners Cross last week. The transfer has also dealt yet another blow to Dundalk, where Connor is struggling to strike deals with his favoured targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Barry Ryan going to galway in a swap deal for Rodgers.

Pats offered contract to Robert Bayley , rovers also in for him.

Ndo gone :D Bohs most likely to get him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

AFAIK Ndo doesnt have a work permit

Who is Robert Bayley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Piece on city's site about Faz signing.
    Cork City are delighted to announce the signing of Fahrudin Kuduzovic.

The Bosnian-born attacker has been an outstanding performer in the League of Ireland since signing for Sligo Rovers, and subsequently also at Drogheda United. The 24-year old, who can play as a striker or on the wing, has put pen to paper on a one-year deal with the Rebel Army and joins Dan Connor as manager Paul Doolin’s second recruit from former club Drogheda United.

Speaking to CorkCityFC.ie after training with his new team mates at Bishopstown today, “Faz” said he was delighted to have signed for the club: “I’m happy to be here, there are some great players here and there is a good set-up as well. The players that are here already are fantastic and obviously Paul is looking to improve things further by bringing in a few more bodies. I’ve played under him at Drogheda previously, and I was only too happy to come down here and work with him again.”

City manager Paul Doolin said that Kuduzovic was another welcome addition, as he looks to build a competitive squad on Leeside: “We needed to add to the squad of players that we have here and Faz is a quality player who can play in a number of positions. He is also good from set pieces as well, he delivers the ball very well, so that will be an asset to us also. When he joined me at Drogheda last season, he came in during the season, whereas now he’s come in from the start and I’m very pleased to have him here.”

Apparently Billy Dennehy has signed with city also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

CiaranC wrote: »
    Who is Robert Bayley?
    Ex-Shelbourne lad just released by Leeds. Capped by Ireland at U18 level. Open to correction though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Confirmed.
    http://corkcityfc.ie/main.php?action=newsLink&headlineID=776

djpbarry wrote: »
    Ex-Shelbourne lad just released by Leeds. Capped by Ireland at U18 level. Open to correction though.

Sent off playing for leeds on his debut for a headbutt, replaces Dessie byrne quite nicely so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Bayly

Ndo can apply to be a citizen as he meets the criteria (5 years lived here).

Was'nt he on trial with city last season. Although i think that was just before Arkaga pulled out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Reports that Robbie Farrell is joining Longford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Longford look like being a much better team next season than last.

• Advertisement

Wouldnt be hard , and a fraction of the budget..

Wouldnt be hard , and a fraction of the budget..

Do you still bring your boots to home games? :p

And my shin pads :D;) Might see ye in the cup..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Was'nt he on trial with city last season. Although i think that was just before Arkaga pulled out.

Yeah, he was on trial with city during the summer. He was released by Sunderland in June and joined Derry in August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ya, Mathews didn't rate him. A poor mans Sean Kelly was how he described him. A real gem we have signed there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Looks like Drogs have made it.

http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/1195/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Good news about Drogs.

All they need now is a football team and a ground to play in and they are set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

if they get a premier licence I'll throw my shoes at Delaney.

And never go to another LoI game again in my life.

Des wrote: »

I'd be amazed if they do - the licensing body would have some serious explaining to do. However, the fact that the FAI felt the need to clarify who would be "promoted" to the Premier should a vacancy arise suggests to me that Drogs are looking at the 1st Division next season (at best).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Liar.

You wouldn't be able to resist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

I'd be amazed if they do - the licensing body would have some serious explaining to do. However, the fact that the FAI felt the need to clarify who would be "promoted" to the Premier should a vacancy arise suggests to me that Drogs are looking at the 1st Division next season (at best).
    As a Drogs fan I really hope its the 1st Division.

If we play in the Premier Division it will be a disaster. Gates will, sadly, dwindle as we watch our youth team lose 6-0 in every game and ex-players scoring hat-tricks against us. That would stop us ever achieving financial stability.

If we play in the A Division then a hard core of us will go to every game. However, much of the last few weeks enthusiasm in the town will fade away - and dwindling gates will once again kill us off.

A couple of seasons minimum in the 1st division, IMHO, represents the best survival plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Gregg, Keegan and Shelley signed. Ndo rumoured to be signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

bohsman wrote: »
    Gregg, Keegan and Shelley signed. Ndo rumoured to be signing.

Any word on Ger Rowe?

Also rumoured to be signing, hopefully bull**** but Fenlon seems to be a fan so Ill give him benefit of doubt. O'Donnell has been offered a new contract aswell and will prob sign if he doesnt win a contract in England.

Cork City seem to be looking outside of Ireland for new players with an Austrian and Finnish player on trial. the finnish guy's been recommended by Tommy Dunne.

• Advertisement

Rumours circulating that Seamus Coleman has signed for Everton for a paltry £150k.

Also hearing that Jay O'Shea's move to Derby has broken down since Paul Jewell got the sack.

Rumours circulating that Seamus Coleman has signed for Everton for a paltry £150k.

Also hearing that Jay O'Shea's move to Derby has broken down since Paul Jewell got the sack.

Heard he trained with Pats but dont believe it, we would have to cough up a few quid for him. Be a decent signing but no way we would pay for him.

although be nice to see an EL club actually buy a player from an EL club for 100kish be like a real league with actual transfers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Cork City seem to be looking outside of Ireland for new players with an Austrian and Finnish player on trial. the finnish guy's been recommended by Tommy Dunne.

his old team TP-Seinäjoki scored loads and loads of last season! hopefully it's one of those strikers who scored a hatful!

his old team TP-Seinäjoki scored loads and loads of last season! hopefully it's one of those strikers who scored a hatful!

Well he's a defender so i would be really impressed if he does.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Well he's a defender so i would be really impressed if he does.:D

ha ha - one of those central defenders with an eye for goal yet prone to getting caught out of position...... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Friendly between Bohs and Waterford next Sat has been cancelled

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/1198/ bottom of article

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Today's Indo
    from the Indo:

2009 LICENSING: WHERE THE CLUBS STAND

Bohemians

Recently expressed concern that they may not be able to sign any players for the 2009 season after a rejected budget from the Licensing department. However, Bohemians have exploded back onto the market after the contracted staff, led by manager Pat Fenlon, took a wage cut, while new signings will increase the potential of extra revenue through trophy success and gate receipts and further ease budgetary concerns.

Jesus. "potential extra revenue". I'd be afraid tbh. Too many clubs have fallen on "potential extra revenue"

Bray Wanderers

No outstanding issues.

Cork City

Money owed to two players is expected to be paid by tomorrow. Alan Mathews is still owed a significant five-figure sum and the Football Managers Association of Ireland is keeping a close eye on licensing proceedings. "It is money that is due, which has not been paid and I expect it to be dealt with by licensing," said FMAI officer Dermot Keely.

Lies, I suppose? :rolleyes:

Derry City

No outstanding issues.

Drogheda United

As stated in main article.

ie, Fúcked

Dundalk

Schedule of re-laying of new synthetic pitch required for License committee, while small fee owed to a former player expected to be paid off by tomorrow.

Galway United

Small issue over owed bonuses to one player expected to be resolved by tomorrow, while previous monies owed to players have been meticulously dealt with.

Shamrock Rovers

No outstanding issues.

Sligo Rovers

Had one budget rejected, but returned to LOI finance director Padraig Smith with a new one, which has been accepted. No other issues.

St Patrick's Athletic

Still in negotiations with certain players over 7.5pc pay-cut. Conclusion expected and required to be reached by tomorrow.

First Division clubs in severe danger of being refused licences

Athlone Town (owe approx €24,000 wages and negotiations are ongoing), Cobh Ramblers (owe €41,000 wages) and Waterford United.

Sligo part company with Paul Cook! :eek:
    A statement from Sligo read: “Sligo Rovers wish to announce the departure of first team manager Paul Cook by mutual consent.

“We would like to thank Paul for his contribution since joining the club and wish him well in the future. No further comment will be made by Sligo Rovers Football Club.”
    http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/news.asp?n=35683

Today's Indo

Because Dermot Keely said it, does not make it true.

Big shock with Cook and Sligo. Whats going on there?

Of all the things you've denied, the club never has.

Either City owe monies since last season, or they don't.

Either the FAI fudge the licencing, or they don't.

I look forward to my visit to the cross next year.

Can I stay on your floor?

Big shock with Cook and Sligo. Whats going on there?
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's been tapped up by a club across the water.

Well, I have read somewhere that he is annoyed at Sligo lack of ambition to push on from last season and that Seamus Coleman is likely to be sold for pennies.
    Of all the things you've denied, the club never has.

Yet another agreement Mathews has backed out of then? Maybe his little statement a few months ago of "Ill make sure they are relegated if they sack me" may come to fruition. Whoop de doo.

The fact he is an officer in the Football Managers Association of Ireland would lead to believe that it's very true tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Today's Indo
    Drogheda United

As stated in main article.

ie, Fúcked

Delaney's model club.

Debt free. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Bohemians

Recently expressed concern that they may not be able to sign any players for the 2009 season after a rejected budget from the Licensing department. However, Bohemians have exploded back onto the market after the contracted staff, led by manager Pat Fenlon, took a wage cut, while new signings will increase the potential of extra revenue through trophy success and gate receipts and further ease budgetary concerns.

An idiot's guide to LOI club finance:
    1. Spend recklessly to achieve success by reaching champions league group stages
    2. When shit hits the fan, ease financial pressure by seeking wage cuts
    3. Plough the money from wage cuts right back into contracts for new players.
    4. Hope that club will increase the potential of extra revenue through trophy success, despite the fact that winning the double last season didn't exactly pay the bills.
    5. See 1.

Delighted that Deegan has resigned, looks a top class player. Looks like O'Donnell missed the boat, turned down 2 contract offers from us while trying to get a contract in England, then came back looking to sign.

Alan Cawley signs for Pats.

stovelid wrote: »
    Bohemians

An idiot's guide to LOI club finance:
    1. Spend recklessly to achieve success by reaching champions league group stages
    2. When shit hits the fan, ease financial pressure by seeking wage cuts
    3. Plough the money from wage cuts right back into contracts for new players.
    4. Hope that club will increase the potential of extra revenue through trophy success, despite the fact that winning the double last season didn't exactly pay the bills.
    5. See 1.

fine then i`ll organise the pats fan team to play bohs at xmas in a fundraiser to save the club, seeing as i saved drogheda i will again waive my appearance fee for the pats v bohs fans game.

Can you sort out the rovers fan team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Waterford hitting back to claims in the indo.
    League of Ireland First Division side Waterford United have strongly refuted claims made today that they are in "severe danger" of being refused a licence for the coming season.

In a statement, the club rubbished the story which appeared in a national newspaper this morning, and went on to state that the matter has now been resolved with all parties.

The statement, which appeared on the Blues' official website, reads in full:

Waterford United would like to clarify its position in relation to the club licencing process.

Contrary to a report in the national press today, the Blues are not in severe danger of failing to be awarded a club licence.

The newspaper in question, the FAI and PFAI have all been contacted by the club in relation to the issue, and matters resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

All Blues fans can rest assured that everything required to secure the licence is in place, including having all monies owed to players fully paid before the deadline (as per UEFA licencing regs) of Jan 31st.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/1203/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Wait till they have 200 fans turning up week like last year and they'll soon be in trouble. Despise Waterford fans. Not even a slight bit of passion when they could still win promotion this season. Useless bunch

stovelid wrote: »
    Bohemians

[/LIST]

as much as I disagree with the overspending of the last few years the players took a 20-30% paycut, new players are at max 1k per week 1 year contracts, this season we also have setanta cup and cl money. If we are running below the 65% wage cap fair play. We also only had to pay 12 players wages for the last 2 months which brings down the annual wage bill.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Wait till they have 200 fans turning up week like last year and they'll soon be in trouble. Despise Waterford fans. Not even a slight bit of passion when they could still win promotion this season. Useless bunch

Bit harsh their LR, as you know I know a god few Waterford fans personnally, and well to say they're not passionate is like saying I don't go to Shels matches.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Bit harsh their LR, as you know I know a god few Waterford fans personnally and well to say they're passionate is like saying I don;t go to Shels matches.:eek:

:pac::D:pac:

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »
    :pac::D:pac:

Drunkenness mis-type.:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement