Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LoI Close Season Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2008-09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Im not sure if this has been mentioned before but Kalonos has got trials with West Brom and Red Star Brigade. A big loss.

Fahy gone too, lets hope Brian Murphy stays.

I would agree with the above that St Pats need a top class goalkeeper and probably 2 left sided players too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Murphy might make a flight of awesomeness.

Fenlon gone to Rovers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Des wrote: »
    Fenlon gone to Rovers?

According to Today FM's 1pm bulletin, yes. No mention of it on their 2pm one though, strangely enough. Well done lads. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Sarge wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of talk around Sean Connor at the moment but again that could just be hearsay.

Indeed there does
    Former Bohemians manager denies sex harassment claim

Wed, Dec 03, 2008

BOHEMIAN FOOTBALL Club's former manager Seán Connor has told the High Court that there is no basis for a sexual harassment allegation which was among the reasons he lost his job with the football club.

Mr Connor, who is claiming unfair dismissal, said the allegation that he had made "advances of a sexual nature" to a woman who voluntarily worked at the club was without foundation, had made his personal life very difficult and also made it difficult to get another job since his dismissal in December 2007.

He was giving evidence at the opening day of his action against the club alleging he was wrongfully dismissed and not afforded proper procedures. He is also seeking a declaration that the decision to terminate his €100,000 a season contract was null and void.

Mr Connor (41), who lives in Killybegs, Donegal, with his partner and child, moved from a €600 a week managership job at Sligo Rovers to Bohemians on December 1st, 2006 under a contract due to last to the end of the 2009 League of Ireland football season.

He said he had brought the club out of its relegation zone position but by December last year, the directors of the club dismissed him following a number of allegations, including that of sexual harassment.

He failed in an earlier High Court attempt this year to get an injunction to be reinstated pending the outcome of his case.

Pat Fenlon was appointed manager after he was dismissed.

The court heard yesterday that the alleged sexual harassment occurred after Mr Connor invited a young woman out for dinner and later took her to an apartment he had been renting in Malahide Marina Village.

It was alleged he invited her out "under false pretences" and made "advances of a sexual nature" while in the flat.

Mr Connor, under cross-examination by Alistair Rutherdale for the club, denied any advances were made and said he had invited the young woman out to thank her for the assistance she had provided him with during the year, especially during the League Cup final in 2007. He said he made it clear to the woman the dinner would only involve himself and herself and said she had "an opportunity to cancel" but did not.

In its defence of Mr Connor's claims, Bohemians FC says his position was terminated for serious and ongoing breaches of his contract.

The case continues before Mr Justice Brian McGovern.

© 2008 The Irish Times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Darren Quigley transfer listed by Derry. Best keeper in the league imo after Brian Murphy.

Cork were after him last winter, I'm sure they'll be after him again. Pats also looking for a new keeper and probably Bohs when Murphy goes.

Sporting Fingal looked at him too but it seems he doesn't want to play First Division football, even for lots of cash.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Sporting Fingal looked at him too but it seems he doesn't want to play First Division football, even for lots of cash.

Where are they getting loads of cash? Would it not be better for them to take a leaf out of Wexford Youths or are there no good young players in Dublin? :confused:

Gareth37 wrote: »
    Where are they getting loads of cash?

builders.

Pure Cork wrote: »

Coleman is a decent player but hes very attacking for a full back. Would suit a certain style. Im not sure how good is he at defending though.

• Advertisement

builders.

LOL :D

What are they building, dole queues? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Great to see captain Dan sign a new contract and a lengthy one at that, both Dan and Joe on 3 year contracts now.

Hope the good news keeps coming. Heard that Healy is signing a new contract soon also :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I heard the settlement to be made to Connor will be in the region of €225k.

Heard seperately from here that Fenlon is indeed to be named the new Shams boss.

City close to signing a Polish guy (Bialek?) and a Latvian (Gints Fremanis).

gimmick wrote: »
    I heard the settlement to be made to Connor will be in the region of €225k.
    lol, they could have settled it without going to court, for less.

Who, exactly, is giving Bohemian FC legal advice?

Lional fúcking Hutz?
    Heard seperately from here that Fenlon is indeed to be named the new Shams boss.

He's a massive Rovers fan, that's no secret.

But he won't have money to spend. I predict he'll be gone by Xmas.
    City close to signing a Polish guy (Bialek?) and a Latvian (Gints Fremanis).

Better than Dubs eh? :pac:

Meant to add as well that City have signed Davin O Neill from Cobh on a full time deal, and Kevin Murray looks like he may be following.

Gareth Cronin is linked with the vacant Cobh job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Gints is quality, he was meant to play with Longford for a few weeks but his registration was ballsed up :( Has a fantastic first touch will be a great signing for Cark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Who, exactly, is giving Bohemian FC legal advice?

barry-zuckercorn.jpg

He's very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Tbh they should sack Barry and hire Bob Loblaw

Slash/ED wrote: »
    He's very good.

Jaysis Slash/ed.

How the feck are ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Gareth37 wrote: »
    Coleman is a decent player but hes very attacking for a full back. Would suit a certain style. Im not sure how good is he at defending though.

He's quite good at the old defending lark , especially tackling , I'm sure if he does go :( then his positional sense , when to use the ball etc will improve , But theres no doubt he is an exceptional talent

how are cork city affording all these signings?

wage cuts?

how are cork city affording all these signings?

wage cuts?

Gamble and Behan effectively took pay cuts. O'Neill isn't going to be one of the most expensive in terms of wages. We had very few players contracted to the club so the signings are coming thick and fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Kevin Doherty has re-signed for Shels. And talk of Alan Kirby joining us. Would make for two brillaint signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Kevin Doherty has re-signed for Shels.
    Balls. He was great for us last year. :(

• Advertisement

That is actually incorrect. He is signing pending a medical. But as he is away this weekend, he cannot do one yet. It will be sorted in the next few days though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Kevin Doherty has re-signed for Shels. And talk of Alan Kirby joining us. Would make for two brillaint signings.
    Fantastic signing. Fantastic I tells thee!

How are Shels affording all these signings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Well we have a wage budget of €7,500 ish, and we were under that. I presume some players have left but nothing has been confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Rumour of Robbie Doyle to Shels aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I wonder the same thing about Cork.
    bohsman wrote:
    Bray, UCD, Sporting, Bohs, Pats, Dundalk and now (pos.) Shels?

7 clubs and what is he? 28?

I wonder the same thing about Cork.

I think we have ten players under contract at the moment, more are due to sign. Gamble and Behan both effectively took pay cuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

City are only going to have around 16 full time players and the rest part time. That would help reduce the wage budget as you wouldnt have a large panel of full time pros getting paid a grand or two a week. With the pay cuts that the likes of gamble and Behan have taken (which you have to admire them for doing) it could prevent over inflated wage budgets next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

St Pats likely to offer deals to Paisley Kirby and O Neill (they refused ones with wages lower than they were on). Hope Paisley will be back others wouldnt be too bothered about.

Pats looking to offload Ndo to anyone who will take him only 4 countries he can go to in EU unlikely rovers can afford his 1200 a week wages plus car.

Jaysis Slash/ed.

How the feck are ya.

Cold, mainly, I still lurk the football forums alot just gave up posting for some reason...

Doherty is great news, always a fan of his

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Hynes to Shels confirmed.

kev's back?

excellent news.
    bohsman wrote: »

this better not happen

I hate him. A lot.

I think Doyle is funny, but I can't see how we could compete with Fingals wages, and it'd worry me if we were trying...

Cold, mainly, I still lurk the football forums alot just gave up posting for some reason...
    well, come back.
    I think Doyle is funny

I think doyle is a cun....

I've always found something hilarious about him, though, even back in his Bohs days, he's like someone taking the píss out of a footballer, but somehow ended up on a real team.

Wouldn't like to see us sign him though, for financial reasons and also he just isn't reliable and can't see him and Flood working at all, if we hang onto Flood. If we're going to make big signings up front isn't where I'd like to see the money invested anyway.

• Advertisement

Bisto is staying.

Which is brilliant news.

We aren't competing with fingals wages, most of their players were on wages that weren't for football, I reckon most of the "jobs" their players were doing disappeared with the recession.

Sure, there's talk of them playing in tolka next season.

Shane Robinson to City?

Going to be an interesting week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

I really hope doyle goes to shels. Marriage made in heaven methinks:P

Seriously though. The worst attitude i have ever seen in a player.

I presume the Hynes above is peter hynes. If so, not happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Kevin Doherty has re-signed for Shels.

:D
    bohsman wrote: »

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Shane Robinson to City?

Going to be an interesting week.

Where did you hear this?

Would be an excellent signing if true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Sure, there's talk of them playing in tolka next season.

Really? Wouln't be such a bad thing with losing the Rovers rent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Maybe Robbie Doyle has smartened up his act, who knows? Few of us will have seen much Fingal last season. Although he still hangs around the Martello in Bray drinking and smoking from what I hear, so it's doubtful if his attitude is any different to what it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Believe me. His attitude is still bad. A lot of our fans disliked him despite the goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Kevin Doherty has re-signed for Shels. And talk of Alan Kirby joining us.
    I wasn't sorry to see Kirby leave Pats, but he'd be a great signing for a 1st Division side. Having said that, I'd be surprised if he's prepared to drop a division - I'd imagine there'd be a couple of Premier Division sides who'd be happy to have him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Sean Connor has been named Dundalk Fc Manager , Great appointment bring on 2009.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement