Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LoI Close Season Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2008-09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sarge wrote: »
    Sean Connor... Great appointment

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sean Connor has been named Dundalk Fc Manager , Great appointment bring on 2009.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Des wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D

he did a great job with Sligo first season he got them promoted and second season they finished 5th in the league and semi final of the cup. He then went to Bohs and got shafted but before that he bought some top quality players Brian Murphy anyone ?

We should finish top 6 this season realistically we can really push for this with the state of the league at the moment. We must be the only club last season to run at a profit.

Find out why he was "shafted" at Bohs ffs.

I hate Bohs as much as the next man, but shaft Connors they did not.

Brutal manager.

Find out why he was "shafted" at Bohs ffs.

I hate Bohs as much as the next man, but shaft Connors they did not.

Brutal manager.

Didnt the courts say differently Des ? Ah premier football next season thank **** no more away trips to Gortakeegan.

• Advertisement

Didnt the courts say differently Des ?

What about the players who played under him?

The ones who wanted out of Bohs if Connors wasn't let go.

The team that just won the double, but couldn't kick snow off a rope under Connors?

He's a shíte manager, and will have yiz back in the First Division.

imo.

I'm not having a go because it's Dundalk.

What about the players who played under him?

The ones who wanted out of Bohs if Connors wasn't let go.

The team that just won the double, but couldn't kick snow off a rope under Connors?

He's a shíte manager, and will have yiz back in the First Division.

imo.

I'm not having a go because it's Dundalk.

These the same players that also demanded that Fenlon got the job and hence wanting Connor out. He was never given time at Bohs and for you to say anything differently is bollox. I think its a great signing for us , it will add a bit of experience to our staff that we sadly missed from not competing in the premier for nearly seven years.

I hope you give Robbie Doyle a great reception when he lines out for you lot :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Pure Cork wrote: »
    Coleman to Birmingham City
    More on this here:
    Birmingham eye “six-figure” Coleman deal

December 6, 2008

Birmingham City’s recruitment drive in Ireland has cranked up a gear as they close in on Sligo Rovers and Republic of Ireland under-21 star Seamus Coleman.

Coleman, 20, has become one of the League of Ireland’s hottest properties following two exceptional seasons for the Bit O’Red.

An attack-minded full back, he had been linked with Celtic following the end of the Irish season last month but Birmingham have emerged as favourites to land his signature.
    http://www.eleven-a-side.com/sligorovers/news.asp?n=35187

Swansea still chasing Niall McGinn:
    Swans set to up McGinn offer

December 8, 2008

Swansea City manager Roberto Martinez is expected to lodge an improved offer for Derry City’s Northern Ireland international winger Niall McGinn.

McGinn, a target for Swans and Celtic, was reportedly the subject of a failed offer from Martinez late last week.

That bid amounted to approximately £150,000 – and the Liberty Stadium club is expected to return with a second bid for the 21-year-old this week.
    http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/news.asp?n=35207

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

How long before Sean Connor tries to tap the ass of that marketing chick at Dundalk???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Sean Connor is bad news. Dont expect the players to be fit. Expect non Connor signings to be outcasts at the club but on the bright side if youse have a big match the players will get a card with "best wishes from Steve Bruce".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

ibh wrote: »
    How long before Sean Connor tries to tap the ass of that marketing chick at Dundalk???

There would be something wrong if he didn't!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

gimmick wrote: »
    There would be something wrong if he didn't!!!

indeed:D

Cailin Alainn.

Seen the Robinson rumour on City forum. Any chance of getting Quigley off Derry. We were blessed with Mick Devine for 5/6 years but he's not up to it anymore.

ibh wrote: »

Was going to say that.:(

City forum to go into meltdown at about midday today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Sean Connor has been named Dundalk Fc Manager , Great appointment bring on 2009.

Happy Christman John Gill, thanks for getting us promoted! Oh, by the way, you're sacked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Matthews gone from Cork. I hope to god he isnt going to Rovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

FAI to hit Cork with signing ban?

/disclaimer: indo article

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

stovelid wrote: »

Good move by the FAI tbh. They deserve some credit here.

Why wasn't there a signing ban on Shelbourne a few years ago? Why is it one rule for one club and another for Shels??? :D :rolleyes: :D

If this comes to pass it makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Gary O Neil to sign for us according to this

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/news.asp?n=35249

According to the CCFC homepage, these claims are unfounded. However, they would say that.

Sporting looking to sign Galway keeper Gary Rogers, Drogheda's Shaun Maher, Boh's Thomas Heary According to this.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...l-1570499.html

Gary O Neil to sign for us according to this

Quality player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I can't believe he'll sign for Fingal. He can still score goals in the Prem. I didn't really think himself and Mark Quigley were a good partnership, but he can do a job in his own right

monkey9 wrote: »
    I can't believe he'll sign for Fingal. He can still score goals in the Prem. I didn't really think himself and Mark Quigley were a good partnership, but he can do a job in his own right
    We need a big lad up front with Quigley, someone with a decent touch who can hold the ball up. Fitzpatrick's not up to the job and why in the name of jaysus O'Donnell saw fit to sign that donkey (Murphy) from Chester I'll never know. Maybe Zayed on a good day?

The only reason i would think he would go is maybe the length of contract and amount of money offered.
    Due to the recession, I think some premier players will be willing to go to fingal if it means financial stability for the next year or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

djpbarry wrote: »
    We need a big lad up front with Quigley, someone with a decent touch who can hold the ball up. Fitzpatrick's not up to the job and why in the name of jaysus O'Donnell saw fit to sign that donkey (Murphy) from Chester I'll never know. Maybe Zayed on a good day?

Murphy was the main reason we drew 2-2 in Sweden, great player get him fit and he will score for fun in the LOI.

Still need another striker and O neill isnt it.

O neill was on 800ish a week with pats, kerr signed fitzpatrick and gave him 1600 a week , o neill wanted more we werent offering it so he agreed a contract with bohs and told pats he didnt want to play for them again. then he had a groin strain :rolleyes: for the rest of the season.

Good player works hard but he can **** off and play for whoever he wants.

Zayed won't be leaving Drogheda unless they go to the wall. He's said he'll even play for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Zayed won't be leaving Drogheda unless they go to the wall. He's said he'll even play for free.
    God, he's a changed man. I remember days when he wouldn't bother his ****e at Bray when he was getting paid.

Michael O'Neill is the new Hoops manager.

Why did you change your original post this morning?

Why did you change your original post this morning?

It was announced Saturday, will be officially confirmed today. Thought it might be old news, but read back through and nobody else had mentioned it so put it back in.

Detective Des or what. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The only reason i would think he would go is maybe the length of contract and amount of money offered.
    Due to the recession, I think some premier players will be willing to go to fingal if it means financial stability for the next year or so.

Recession or no recession, if i were a League of Ireland player, the only reason i'd ever go to Fingal is if i was dead and was on my way to the cemetary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Recession or no recession, if i were a League of Ireland player, the only reason i'd ever go to Fingal is if i was dead and was on my way to the cemetary.

Oh what an educated comment! So you aren't a LOI player! What are you a bouncer?

• Advertisement

OK :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

We had it from an impeccable boards.ie source that it was to be one Pat Fenlon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

SectionF wrote: »

impeccable :D

SectionF wrote: »

I'm sure it was a possibility at one point.

Still: nice to see some fresh managerial blood in the league, although I know little about the guy's managerial career apart from what I read from other fans.

Darren Murphy has joined Stevenage Borough till the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Pure Cork wrote: »
    Darren Murphy has joined Stevenage Borough till the end of the season.

Is he gone on loan or has he transferred there?

Is he gone on loan or has he transferred there?

Free transfer. His contract was up.

I don't think he is actually gone yet. If he is, no loss whatsoever. The conference is probably about his level. Extremely over rated player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Niall McGinn signs for Celtic

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_4654916,00.html

Before people go off on one saying Derry didn't receive a fair price for him (however much it was), remember that he played one season in a league where a few hundred people stand in a glorified garden shed watching a ball being hoofed as long as possible, and has one cap for a team that shouldn't even be a country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Before people go off on one saying Derry didn't receive a fair price for him (however much it was), remember that he played one season in a league where a few hundred people stand in a glorified garden shed watching a ball being hoofed as long as possible, and has one cap for a team that shouldn't even be a country

Pathetic post.

DSB wrote: »
    Pathetic post.

Why raise to the bait?

report the post, and if the mods deem it to be out of order, it will be dealth with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Why raise to the bait?

report the post, and if the mods deem it to be out of order, it will be dealth with.

Already have, but that doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion. A 2 word post is hardly rising to the bait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cmon now Dungannons ground isnt that bad :eek:

shamrockpark.jpg

Thomas Heary's off to Dundalk.

Connor's apparently keen on Darren Quigley too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Cmon now Dungannons ground isnt that bad :eek:

shamrockpark.jpg
    It's not actually, they should have got ten million for him

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement