Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet connection outside the city

Options
  • 18-11-2008 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hi there,

I live in Passage West and due to major problems with Perlico have just cancelled my account with them (long story wont go into it here!)

Anyway I've been looking at other providers for Internet (Eircom, Digiweb and Irish Broadband) but online when I put Passage West in to check the services they all say that broadband is not available in that area. Please excuse my ignorance, I'm not very well up on these matters but does that mean that Perlico were the ONLY people in Ireland who can provide internet in this area????

Also, they say that broadband is not available but does this mean that non-broadband is? Does that mean a slower connection? I do have a phone line.

Please help. Going back to perlico is out of the question!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I'm across river from you using pure telecom.Good so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Tupins wrote: »
    Hi there,

I live in Passage West and due to major problems with Perlico have just cancelled my account with them (long story wont go into it here!)

Anyway I've been looking at other providers for Internet (Eircom, Digiweb and Irish Broadband) but online when I put Passage West in to check the services they all say that broadband is not available in that area. Please excuse my ignorance, I'm not very well up on these matters but does that mean that Perlico were the ONLY people in Ireland who can provide internet in this area????

Also, they say that broadband is not available but does this mean that non-broadband is? Does that mean a slower connection? I do have a phone line.

Please help. Going back to perlico is out of the question!

NO perlico is only a bitstream reseller, that means they resell the eircom dsl signal as theirs.

Just did a check on a solicitors office in the square (got number from Golden Pages) and the Glenbrook exchange is enabled so that means you can get any of the bitstream resellers or eircom themselves.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

try airwave internet in carraigtwohill, I find them v.good and they have a transmitter in passage. www.airwave.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Why not try one of the mobile phone crowds like o2 or 3G. They have the USB wireless yokies. If you have moble reception you get mobile broadband.

My sister uses it up the country for the same reason as you.

Advertisement