Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Beautiful staffy stolen!!!!

Options
  • 18-11-2008 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

:(:( My staffy Roxy has been stolen from my parents gaff last night in Tuam in Co. Galway!! If anybody lives around thier & sees a dog like her please please let me know!! shes the gentlest dog ever!! its been reported to the guards & galway bay fm!! here is some pics of her
    IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0190.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

She's beautiful. Hope you find her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭mary123

Was she tagged and chipped. Very important incase she is let out somewhere. Also is she spayed?
    I would not only let ur local pound, vets police know. i would try and ring around as many other counties as u can, as she could be let go anywhere. Goodluck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

lakes who should people contact if she's spotted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 lakes

shes not spayed,she is chipped & ye can contact me on 0851127537 Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

lakes wrote: »
    shes not spayed,she is chipped & ye can contact me on 0851127537 Dave

I'm sorry to say that if she was stolen, as opposed to escaped, and is not spayed, the likelyhood of you getting her back are slim.

The best of luck with her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭mary123

I would also post on ISPCA lost and found and also Irish Animals lost and found. I have also found Gumtree is good for this as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Considering you're in Tuam I'd have a look around local traveller sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I've uploaded Roxy's Missing Poster and you can download it here:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/EGAR/index.php?showtopic=1770

(hope this is ok, mods)

Please print it out and distribute it.

EGAR wrote: »
    I've uploaded Roxy's Missing Poster and you can download it here:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/EGAR/index.php?showtopic=1770

(hope this is ok, mods)

Please print it out and distribute it.

thanks a million,im gonna print a couple of them posters and put them around 2mro! cheers again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭B'witched

I would register her with this website too. They will alert all the helpers on their email lists all over the country. http://dogdetective.com
    Contact ALL the dog pounds, you will find a list on irishanimals.ie website.

She could be anywhere in the country so spread the word far and wide, email with a photo of her as many rescues as you can find too, again you will find them on the IA site.

A friend of mine had her lurcher stolen from Co Laoise and because she swamped everywhere with posters her dog was recognised as soon as she was taken into the DSPCA in Dublin as a stray.......!!! So it does work.

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

The website has proven that the more posters you can get up everywhere and the more publicity you can get, the better your chances.

Try contacting the local papers too and see if they will put in her picture.

She looks like a darling - shes really beautiful. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭littlemisspiggy

I volunteer with Dogs in Distress in Dublin so we'll keep any eye out.

Also, because she is a staffy, you should contact Sarah from EGAR (East Galway Animal Rescue). She takes in bull breeds and if Roxy ends up in a pound etc. Sarah might (fingers crossed) be contacted about her. Its worth a shot. I fostered a staffy pup for her earlier this year and she takes in bull breeds from all over ireland and the UK to prevent them from being pts by pounds etc.

Best of luck with finding Roxy. She is gorgeous.

thanks everyone for thier help & concern! Roxy turned up at my parents gaff this morning, someone had dropped her off down the road! her paws were bleeding as if she was locked up all night scratching to get out! i rushed home to see her & she jumped all over me,she was so happy to see me & i was so happy to see her!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

YAY!
    Great news!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Thats brilliant news, and thats a smashing looking Staff.

A big thanks should go to EGAR for her prompt action in getting that poster ready so quickly.

If my lads were robbed it would break my heart to think of the life they'd be given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Great you got her back, another happy ending :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Lilly/DNB

wow very very lucky thank god you got her back great news :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭woofie87

Great News Dave. So happy for you. Spoil her now for a while, poor thing must have been terrified!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

Great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

Excellent stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kazza23

Fantastic news :D It might be an idea to consider having her spayed. The majority of stolen female dogs are stolen so that they can be bred from :(

Advertisement