Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Phoneline and Broadband

Options
  • 18-11-2008 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Just got a call back from UPC. I was interested in getting value broadband and phone line but phoneline is not available in my area according to their online check.

I wanted to know how long it would be before the phone line would be available in the area and she said it is already available! I was surprised. Checked again online and phoneline is not available, if I attempt to order it will only let me order the broadband only, so I guess Miss UPC was wrong! Just wondering if anybody else had a similar experience with UPC?

She also told me Value Broadband is €26pm and Phone & Broadband is €24pm. Is this correct? I can't find anything on their site confirming this!

Cheers for any heads up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭com7

what part of cork ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

I'd trust the customer service rep over the online checker

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

I'm in Friars Walk.

Great if Customer Service Rep is correct, but it won't let me order it online, It will only let me order Broadband only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

The phone is VoIP (of sorts) so if you can get BB then you can get the phone line.

These are the prices for BB services:

http://www.upc.ie/internet/

The extra €6 on the €20 for value pack is the charge they have for not getting TV with the package, afaik.

The phone line is €4 extra per month, thats what I pay anyway. I also have an "all day all landlines" deal for another €10 pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

I'm in Friars Walk.

Great if Customer Service Rep is correct, but it won't let me order it online, It will only let me order Broadband only

Ring them, its a free number to phone. Sometimes there can be quite a wait, but if you go to sales section you should get through very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

You can get VOIP on Friars Walk.
    Its not always the case that you can get BB and VOIP some times the network isn't up to being UPC VOIP certified.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll give them a buzz

Well the latest update is that phone and broadband are both available, but unfortunately she was wrong on the price for the two. It's 30 euro per month, 26 for BB and 4 for line rental.

When I explained that I couldn't order line rental online (in order to avoid the 25 euro connection fee) she said she would process it over the phone but waive the fee due to the limitations of the website.

Advertisement