Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Vantage Club

• 18-11-2008 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭

So who got one? Seems like great value, especially the good seats at the half way line.
    http://www.faivantageclub.com/vantage-club.htm

They're only €32,000 for 10 years. At 6 games a year works out at about €533 a game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Quint wrote: »
    Seems like great value
    -->
    They're only €32,000 for 10 years. At 6 games a year works out at about €533 a game.

Does not compute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

It was scarcasm. Imagine paying €533 to see tomorrows Poland game? 6 a year includes friendlies!
    What I can't believe is that they actually sold some. There's about 1 good game every 2 years at lansdowne and even then you'd easily get a ticket for €500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

i think (i hope) he's being ironic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

People such as you or I realise that this is a rip off, simply because we cannot afford that kind of money for what's on offer and will settle for a seat with Joe Public in a lesser area of the ground.

The kind of chaps buying the vantage club tickets are worth a few million and want the best views of the game in the ground, they don't think 533 quid is a lot of money. Easy decision for them.

I contemplated the cheapest option in the Vantage Club when I got the brochure and invitation but I declined, couldn't stretch that far and it is certain that there will be a more "regular fan" option not unlike the current block booking system available in the near future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The FAI won't sell many of these tickets, imo.

These people worth so-called "millions" aren't worth anything near the same amount since the economic crash.

The FAI are actually fúcked when it comes to financing the new stadium.

Five hundred and thirty three quid a ticket, for that tosh, you'd want to be mad.

• Advertisement

Draupnir wrote: »
    People such as you or I realise that this is a rip off, simply because we cannot afford that kind of money for what's on offer and will settle for a seat with Joe Public in a lesser area of the ground.

The kind of chaps buying the vantage club tickets are worth a few million and want the best views of the game in the ground, they don't think 533 quid is a lot of money. Easy decision for them.

I contemplated the cheapest option in the Vantage Club when I got the brochure and invitation but I declined, couldn't stretch that far and it is certain that there will be a more "regular fan" option not unlike the current block booking system available in the near future.

True. But first of all, they're not nessessarly the best view in the ground. The half way line premium ones go right down towards the penalty area. Any other Vantage Club seat isn't going to be great, you could be in the corner. But yes, some people will pay for them, can't picture them selling all of them.

Even if I won the euromillions I wouldn't pay 32k for what would probably be 5 decent games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

A friend is trying to get me to sign up to the cheapest option. Not a bleedin' chance. I go to Ireland games regularly, but even by the inept standards of the FAI, they need their collective head examined if they think there will be a big take up on this.

Des wrote: »
    These people worth so-called "millions" aren't worth anything near the same amount since the economic crash.

The majority of people who were exceedingly wealthy before the "economic crash" (which hasn't actually happened by the way) are in fact, more wealthy now. Realistically, it is about taking advantage of the poor economic climate to maximise your wealth and that is what the majority of smart, wealthy people do.

Anyway, that's not a football concern.

The FAI reckon the tickets are selling well, the have the crowd that sold Wembley's packages doing the selling and that went very well indeed, so I think they might well sell a good percentage of these. I doubt that any association in the world achieves 100% sales though, in any industry or product!

I don't think there are even any huge concerns with the financing of the new stadium at the moment, I haven't heard of any anyway.

I'll be sitting back and waiting for the standard block booking options which will inevitably arrive anyway.

Even if I won the euromillions I wouldn't pay 32k for what would probably be 5 decent games!

If I win EuroMillions, I will buy one for you, for me and for Des and we can go to every game together for the next ten years.

Biggest problems you have are 1. I don't play Euromillions and 2. Des doesn't go to Ireland games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

You could buy them off touts for every game, and still end up saving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The FAI reckon the tickets are selling well, the have the crowd that sold Wembley's packages doing the selling and that went very well indeed, so I think they might well sell a good percentage of these.

I think an England package is a different proposition (both in terms of the relative quality of the players, and the chance of qualification(s) in the lifetime of the package) to forking out for ten years of Ireland matches. Especially to customers that have a higher proprtion, whether for corporate or personal reasons, of event junkies. And when G.A.A and Rugby are also providing just as good - if not better -a product.

There was no economic crash, but people aren't spending on luxuries like there were a few years ago. example

If I was seriously planning on getting one, just wait a while. There'll be hundreds left over unless the FAI don't mind the all the empty seats in their premium section

There was no economic crash, but people aren't spending on luxuries like there were a few years ago. example

If I was seriously planning on getting one, just wait a while. There'll be hundreds left over unless the FAI don't mind the all the empty seats in their premium section

Corporate packages at Ireland -v- New Zealand still hand an uptake exceeding 96% last weekend, I know this for a fact, and that was at just over 1k a pop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Five hundred and thirty three quid a ticket, for that tosh, you'd want to be mad.

I agree, massively overpriced.

Rich people don't liked to be ripped off either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

They will also be of interest to smaller companies that will want to give them out to clients/staff. Companies that may not have enough cash to buy a full corporate suite.

Corporate packages at Ireland -v- New Zealand still hand an uptake exceeding 96% last weekend, I know this for a fact, and that was at just over 1k a pop.

How many seats in the package to see the best team in the world? And how does that make Ireland V Faroe Islands and Ireland V Cyprus friendly worth €533?
    The away game would be cheaper

How many seats in the package to see the best team in the world? And how does that make Ireland V Faroe Islands and Ireland V Cyprus friendly worth €533?
    The away game would be cheaper

1 seat in the package, slightly over 1k a head. Included free booze, a bit of grub and a goody bag aswell.

I'm just giving you a point of reference here which outlines the competitive nature of the prices the FAI are asking for their premium product, based on their target market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

1 seat in the package, slightly over 1k a head. Included free booze, a bit of grub and a goody bag aswell.

I'm just giving you a point of reference here which outlines the competitive nature of the prices the FAI are asking for their premium product, based on their target market.

Pints in Quinn's or Fagans beforehand, hot-dog at half time and a match programme to read on the way home. Quality!
    Fecking premium seats, my hole!!!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    Pints in Quinn's or Fagans beforehand, hot-dog at half time and a match programme to read on the way home. Quality!
    Fecking premium seats, my hole!!!!

Agree on the pint front but you'd be a braver man than me to eat hot dogs or burgers at Croke Park!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

At the very least, I'd want a written guarantee that every player, not just the sub goalie, is a practising Catholic.

• Advertisement

SectionF wrote: »
    At the very least, I'd want a written guarantee that every player, not just the sub goalie, is a practising Catholic.

I've always wondered, what exactly are those guys practising for? Is there a big Catholic exam coming up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,447 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

yeah - the Raptures or something, crazy catholics!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

We had a rep for this in work here trying to flog us tickets. All you get for your money is a comfy seat and a free programme. You dont get free food or free drink just access to the bars and a private entrance. Also unless you buy the Tier 1 package you cannot be guaranteed of getting a seat in the resteraunt.

Absolute farce, needless to say nobody took up the offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

I've always wondered, what exactly are those guys practising for? Is there a big Catholic exam coming up?
    You've gotta have faith. Brian Murphy sticks to practising good goalkeeping, and look where it's got him. He might as well be Andy Reid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

We had a rep for this in work here trying to flog us tickets. All you get for your money is a comfy seat and a free programme. You dont get free food or free drink just access to the bars and a private entrance. Also unless you buy the Tier 1 package you cannot be guaranteed of getting a seat in the resteraunt.

Absolute farce, needless to say nobody took up the offer

i cant see how these seats will sell? i can understand the IRFU selling theirs as every law firm in south county dublin will be looking for them for Royston and the boys. but the FAI is different, most fans of LOI wouldnt go near an International. I cant see enough companies shelling out 000's for very poor games.i mean in our current group we have Italy and Bulgaria as the only 2 stand out fixtures. Would you pay 533 or whatever to watch Cyrprus or Macedonia?

I wouldnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Put me down for 2x. One for me and one for my friend Harvey.

prendy wrote: »
    i cant see how these seats will sell? i can understand the IRFU selling theirs as every law firm in south county dublin will be looking for them for Royston and the boys. but the FAI is different, most fans of LOI wouldnt go near an International. I cant see enough companies shelling out 000's for very poor games.i mean in our current group we have Italy and Bulgaria as the only 2 stand out fixtures. Would you pay 533 or whatever to watch Cyrprus or Macedonia?

I wouldnt.

The problem the FAI has is that the resession and credit crunch as happeded at the very same time as they want to flog their tickets.

True the IRFU would find it easier to see theirs in any economic conditions but if the FAI were selling these in 2004/2005 at theses prices they would fly out the door, now no one is parting with their cash and the banks will not lend anything to them.

I would not be suprised to see a price drop in the coming months.

Would you pay 533 or whatever to watch Cyrprus or Macedonia?

I wouldnt.

I wouldn't pay that to watch Italy or Bulgaria either! As I said, you could easily go to the away game for that

I wouldnt.

They will sell a lot of these, they won't sell them all but they will sell a lot. As has already been said, they are cheap alternatives to corporate boxes for smaller businesses and also they cater to the wealthier fan who doesn't have a problem spending that money.

The FAI do not care if you or I don't buy them, we are not their target market. In fact, they price them as they do to discourage average joe public from buying them, so as not to degrade their premium package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

In fact, they price them as they do to discourage average joe public from buying them, so as not to degrade their premium package.
    If that was the case then why would they spend money sending out all the marketing materials to all the block bookers and waiting list members, prominently made up of Joe Public.

The FAI couldn't care less who buys them or how or where they get the money. They need them sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

stovelid wrote: »
    G.A.A and Rugby are also providing just as good - if not better -a product.

A Premium Section Croke Park 10 year ticket works out at about 1k a year.

Far more sporting value for money that a Lansdowne Road ticket.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    If that was the case then why would they spend money sending out all the marketing materials to all the block bookers and waiting list members, prominently made up of Joe Public.

The FAI couldn't care less who buys them or how or where they get the money. They need them sold.

They send them out to anyone who they can in order to gain publicity and create knowledge. The pricing structure then restricts the actual target audience automatically, this is all very basic marketing strategy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

They send them out to anyone who they can in order to gain publicity and create knowledge. The pricing structure then restricts the actual target audience automatically, this is all very basic marketing strategy!
    Marketing Forum to be honest.

Bluetonic wrote: »

Whats to say that within the ranks of the block bookers and waiting list members there are not people who have the ability to buy these seats and fit into the 'small company not able to afford a full luxury box' types that I mentioned earlier.

I know loads of block bookers who have pubs, are self employed contarctors etc who would be interesetd in buying, but are put off in the current down turn.

Advertisement