Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unfair dismissal: notice for dismissal

• 18-11-2008 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi,

I work for a retail outlet, ill keep it annonymus for the moment, but now coming into the christmas period i was told i have to tell every single customer about certain offers and accessories that relate to the product they buy and try to upsell to the customer those acessories etc . . . but all the staff were told by the manager that if we are found out not telling customers about the extra offers and not trying to up sell, the first time we will be given a warning and the second time will be fired no questions asked!!

Is that legal ? to be fired on the spot like that and for that reason? and also is my manger using intimidation and threats of dismissal to get to try and get staff to do the upselling etc . .

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

We are in a recession
    your manager is just trying to save your job by promoting more business , it’s your job just be happy you have one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 myst

jim_bob wrote: »
    We are in a recession
    your manager is just trying to save your job by promoting more business , it’s your job just be happy you have one

he just hired 4 new staff for christmas . . . i dont think thats it! its not like he is saying if ya get your targets ya get a bonus, he is saying if ya dont tell people your fired! its really negitave !

Advertisement