Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barking dog in Charlesland Park

Options
  • 18-11-2008 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi

Perhaps I am getting grumpy with old age but whoever owns the dog(s) in Charlesland Park that barked all Saturday evening and night then continued this morning - can you please please be considerate enough to at least try and quieten them down.:(

Once every so often is fine but this was incessant barking - almost as bad as some of the house alarms.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Car2318 wrote: »
    Hi

Perhaps I am getting grumpy with old age but whoever owns the dog(s) in Charlesland Park that barked all Saturday evening and night then continued this morning - can you please please be considerate enough to at least try and quieten them down.:(

Once every so often is fine but this was incessant barking - almost as bad as some of the house alarms.

Thanks in advance

Mate, its been going on since we arrived here in September. I cant hear it in my bedroom so its not that annoying but i noticed on Saturday when i was going to bed. It actually howled at one stage. I cant quite figure which house it is but i think its along the west side of the park (mountains side). People are so irritating sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ordles29

Hi there,

We live in the Park and have two dogs.... We were out on Saturday night and I'm just worried that it might have been our two barking? As far as we were aware, because there is 2 of them, they tend to stay quiet, but we have no real way of knowing.... I must check with the neighbours.... They are walked twice a day and are never usually left outside for long periods of time - we just couldn't get someone to mind them and we had tickets for the match :-(

There are two small dogs a few doors up that do always yip at night and I'm wondering if it was them instead?

Was it a yipping bark or a 'normal' bark? It would be great to know as I'd hate for our dogs to be causing a noise disturbance in the area...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭dh2007

If it's a yappy dog I know where it's coming from. I work from home sometimes and was having a particularly stressful day about two months ago which was only exacerbated by a barking dog from behind us.

I went around to the house that had the dog and asked her, very politely, to close the window because of the noise. She was just snotty to me and said that she was only minding the dog temporarily. Needless to say she did close the window and it was slightly more muffled but I could still hear the damn thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

dh2007 wrote: »
    If it's a yappy dog I know where it's coming from. I work from home sometimes and was having a particularly stressful day about two months ago which was only exacerbated by a barking dog from behind us.

I went around to the house that had the dog and asked her, very politely, to close the window because of the noise. She was just snotty to me and said that she was only minding the dog temporarily. Needless to say she did close the window and it was slightly more muffled but I could still hear the damn thing.

You gave out to someone because their dog was barking inside their house? Not even in their garden.

I wouldn't have thought you had any chance of getting anything other than being told to feck off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭dh2007

RosieJoe wrote: »
    You gave out to someone because their dog was barking inside their house? Not even in their garden.

I wouldn't have thought you had any chance of getting anything other than being told to feck off

Did I say I gave out to them???? I rang the doorbell, said, 'hi I'm from down below, is there any way you could close the window of the room that the dog is in because I'm finding it difficult to concentrate?' and I got a terse reply from the woman.

Tell me how that deserves being told to feck off? I was being reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Take the arguement off the thread please.

dh2007 wrote: »
    Did I say I gave out to them???? I rang the doorbell, said, 'hi I'm from down below, is there any way you could close the window of the room that the dog is in because I'm finding it difficult to concentrate?' and I got a terse reply from the woman.

Tell me how that deserves being told to feck off? I was being reasonable.

Woah, slow down horse! I should have chosen my words more carefully there. My apologies ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 graylaws

i live in the park. the dog is in the garden opposite me. ive seen him from my attic window. he barks all day at his reflection in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

dogs are morons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

So are some of their owners.. :D
    (Sorry couldn't help myself)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

People are entitled to quiet. Housing estates are built for people - not animals. The bloody houses cost enough without having to endure what is practically anti-social behaviour.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Thread locked.

Dog barking again all day and a lot of last night in south side of the Park. Please sort it out who ever it is. I cant tell where its coming from just that its close.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

there's a dog barking regularly in the court too. He's barking now. But he sounds like he's trying to bark as quietly as possible! Like he's trying to not get given out to, but still has to bark anyway. It's funny but can get annoying after a while. Not as annoying as the wind chimes that someone else has hanging in their back garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Have to say, best way to go about it is to find out where the hound lives and knock on the door and have a word... Totally up to you what you want to say and how you say it....

Worked for me... and if you're reading...."Good job Mr dog owner"
    not heard him since...Fair play...
    Give credit where it's due and all that..

I'm lucky enough that at the moment, a new pup not so far away from me is so young that it cant properly bark yet..

Dogs barking and wind chimes are the least of my worries!

For the last few months, well since spring, people have been using lawn mowers to cut there grass :eek: Between petrol mowers and electric mowers I think I am going mad!

And then some one had the cheek to start using a hedge trimmer!

Oh woe is me ;)

Dogs barking and wind chimes are the least of my worries!

For the last few months, well since spring, people have been using lawn mowers to cut there grass :eek: Between petrol mowers and electric mowers I think I am going mad!

And then some one had the cheek to start using a hedge trimmer!

Oh woe is me ;)

Im afraid thats a summer thing. Ive got a huge lawn and it takes ages to cut it. Sorry if my mower is one of the culprits!

Advertisement