Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL / UPC - just keep broadband?

Options
  • 18-11-2008 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭

I want to move to Sky as I'm fed up with crappy NTL Digital signal. The guide never works and recently alot of channels don't seem to work. Anyway, can I just keep NTL /UPC broadband package and ditch the tv side? What is the process and how long does it take?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

You can keep BB only but it will cost you 6 euro on top of the cost of your BB. Just out of interest what set top box do you have. Have you ever had a service call to try fix the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

You just ring them up and say you want to cancel your TV subscription, but keep broadband. They will then charge you an "administration fee" (about €10 if I recall), and arrange a time to pick up your digital decoder. We did that when UPC introduced those God-awful new decoders, and haven't looked back since. It does mean ringing their customer care number, so be prepared to have ~30 minutes of spare time for them to answer the phone.
    Also, you have to be out of contract to do it -- as in when you signed up for UPC digital, you generally sign up to a 12 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

You just ring them up and say you want to cancel your TV subscription, but keep broadband. They will then charge you an "administration fee" (about €10 if I recall), and arrange a time to pick up your digital decoder. We did that when UPC introduced those God-awful new decoders, and haven't looked back since. It does mean ringing their customer care number, so be prepared to have ~30 minutes of spare time for them to answer the phone.
    Also, you have to be out of contract to do it -- as in when you signed up for UPC digital, you generally sign up to a 12 month contract.
    Cheers guys. We received a replacement box about 2 yrs ago but the problems remained despite numerous phone calls. I'll ring Sky first and order Sky+ before I cancel NTL though. Thanks again.

Advertisement