Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rapidshare - file sharing

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Internet Download Manager
    or
    Flashget + Flashgot Firefox Extension

Once you get an RS premium account you will rarely use torrents or usenet ever again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Anti wrote: »
    Newsgroups are certainly the way forward, everyone i know thats on them finds theem fantastic, but not for me. My filesharing costs me 0€ a year, and i plan on keeping it that way.
    Agree about the Newsgroups. Rapidshare works out cheaper, so I'll stay with that, but Newsgroups are the way to go. Once I figure out a cheap host, a cheap searcher, etc, I'll go for the Newsgroups, mainly as all the stuff is released to there before it goes on RS.com, or torrents. Also, I'd say you can RSS Newsgroups, as they have been around for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Anti wrote: »
    My filesharing

This is why people use rapidshare/newsgroups. People don't want to upload as the repercussions for uploading are a hell of a lot worse for those who download.

the_syco wrote: »
    Agree about the Newsgroups. Rapidshare works out cheaper, so I'll stay with that, but Newsgroups are the way to go. Once I figure out a cheap host, a cheap searcher, etc, I'll go for the Newsgroups, mainly as all the stuff is released to there before it goes on RS.com, or torrents. Also, I'd say you can RSS Newsgroups, as they have been around for a long time.

well thats not true, and content wise i'd say RS blows usenet out of the water

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

well thats not true, and content wise i'd say RS blows usenet out of the water

Actually, generally Scene releases are made to usenet before going to torrents/rapidshare etc... But there are uploaders who upload the files minutes later to the likes of torrents/rapidshare etc so its sometimes only a gap of 20minutes or so

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

yoyo wrote: »
    Actually, generally Scene releases are made to usenet before going to torrents/rapidshare etc...
    What he said.

yoyo wrote: »
    Actually, generally Scene releases are made to usenet before going to torrents/rapidshare etc... But there are uploaders who upload the files minutes later to the likes of torrents/rapidshare etc so its sometimes only a gap of 20minutes or so

Nick

He said "All the stuff"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

if we're going to get pedantic about it, it's distributed internally to other scene members first, who would then pass it on via their preferred method of alternate distribution, be it RS, newsgroups, torrents or private/public ftp servers. i think it's safe to say that it all pretty much hits everything outside of the scene at more or less at the same time. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Whats the best way to pay for a rapidshare or newsgroup account? paypal?
    I presume if you were being bold and downloading copyrighted stuff and there ever is a crackdown on rs they can just get ips used on your account and try and go after yer isp if they couldnt get the info off paypal

Scruff wrote: »
    Whats the best way to pay for a rapidshare or newsgroup account? paypal?
    I presume if you were being bold and downloading copyrighted stuff and there ever is a crackdown on rs they can just get ips used on your account and try and go after yer isp if they couldnt get the info off paypal

I doubt that would ever happen but if it did, they'd probably only go after the big uploaders

I use paypal

• Advertisement
Advertisement