Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweets and drinks you miss...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭farreller24

you can get "sweet cinema popcorn" by butterkist in sainsburys, its not full of neon colours but tastes exactly like th old king multicoloured candy popcorn!! Im addicted to it!!

My favourites were stinger bars (still available but not the same), postman pat and apple jacks and fruit salad sweets. Frosties, the cola woppa bars, snowballs, and 10p macaroons, 25p bottles of cadet minerals, 5p crisps, 5p toffee rounds, hi-sours (2p each) Loved millions which have been brought back and absolutely used to LLOOOOOVVVEEE these little domino type boxes with coloured sweets in them and a fake tattoo!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

sky ice cream bars, they were amazing. they had some sort of flake like chocolate running through the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

EAT - A -YOLKS!!!

THE KING OF ALL SWEETS

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭LorraineL

Giggle Bars... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

EAT - A -YOLKS!!!

THE KING OF ALL SWEETS

Oh god they were awesome. I remember them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

They were still knocking around last easter. Yummy indeed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Crunch-O's All American Hot Dog Flavoured snacks.

I hear rumours that some shops still have these but i'm yet to find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Vise versa's. they were lovely...

EAT - A -YOLKS!!!

THE KING OF ALL SWEETS

They still sell these......they are a vital component of my friend cheering up kit.

I miss being able to eat cola bottles...they are against my grown up morals. :(

They used have this massive sour gobstopper. Called a turtle egg or somesuch.
    That was the best ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Cherry Coke and Supercans of Coke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

LorraineL wrote: »
    Giggle Bars... :D

giggle bars :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

sherbet colas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Phototoxin wrote: »
    Wham bars... but its irrelvant... I cannot eat sweets anway

What planet part of the country are you living on? Wham bars are everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Poutbutton

A cadbury's Nunch & a Can of Rio please. NYOM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Gold Bullion, little alluminium cases filled with gold (toffee)

oh yummy
    NERDS, little boxes divided in 2 filled with incredibly sour candies

challenging, like eating sweets for a bet

Terrys Pyramint, dark chocolate pyramids filled with gooey mint findant

they looked quite upmarket compared to other chocolate

i loved tangy spearmint bars, they had a blue and white wrapper and were 5p. Haven't seen them in years. Liked lemon Polos as well but I don't think they were that popular, they smelled like lemon cif :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

OH MY GOD, MY BRAIN'S IMPLODING HERE STOP ALREADY!!!!!!!!

Woppa bars yummeeee, havent seen them in years!

But if any of yiz pass thru Thurles, on Parnell st before you enter the square, if your coming from the Nenagh side, there's a shop called Fogarty's, its real small and basically just a local grocer thingy.

But she sell's clove rock, bulls eyes, mint imperials, hard pastilles, etc by the quarter still. She also has the ''real'' Jelly Babies, as in the one's not covered in the powdery grit ****e, the really fruity ones by the bag too, and ive seen her on occasion sell dan bars, kola woppa sweets, the real macaroon in the paper bars and caramac bars! Whew, i fear for yer teeth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sofa kingcool

anyone remember the tropical fruity lucozade??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

fizzy chewits.there was cola and lemon/lime flavour.i was obsessed as a kid.theyve got these chewits xtreme things nowadays but they dont even come close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

guys and gals can anyone remember the crisps called hunger busters!!!!

and pickled onion flavoured 5's they were only 5p and they also came in bean flavour they were tiny lil packets

secret bars were lovely and astro oh my god i drooled when i seen that pic ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

http://xa4.xanga.com/0d5c735424634169663845/b128643682.jpg

crun cho's hot dog flavour goodness wowowowowow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Poutbutton wrote: »
    A cadbury's Nunch & a Can of Rio please. NYOM :)

Don't care what anyone says, starbars just don't taste as good as the original nunch!

not sure is this the Rio ure talking about: the name rings a bell but can't place it, expecially not in conjunction with nunch bars which vanished in the early 80s
    http://www.riodirect.co.uk/products/

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭powerfarmer

I remember a tropical fruity version of lucazade called NRG it was in a stubby yellow bottle and Terrys pyramint that was delicious the Terrys factory closed a few years ago but their chocolate orange stuff is still being made by another company.

The flipper foam things are still around and as dusty and chewy as ever!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I remember a tropical fruity version of lucazade called NRG it was in a stubby yellow bottle

That was amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 manopie

I miss creme eggs in the size they used to be. There was a great video on youtube a while ago where a dude got the creme egg he'd kept in his freezer for a few years and compared it to a modern one.

Must try to find it..

Edit: Found it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 fruity

5-4-3-2-1 bar.

layers of wafer, chocolate, just the right amount of caramel.... not too chewy...jnot too mushy....just right.

does anyone remember the ad? classic....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqLVImBoteg

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Anyone remember Cleeve's Toffee?

It used to come in a small and large slab. It was really creamy and was really delicious. I wonder why did it go out of circulation, as it was so nice. It was my favourite when I was a child and I remember buying it at the small country shop in Wicklow.

Remember the milk and white chocolate bar Two n Two's.

What about lucky lumps? The pink sugary squared sweet with a supposed coin in the middle. I never got any coins but it was nice.

Tom Thumbs. For a few pence you could get a lot of those.

Chocolate Satins, I loved the chocolate in the middle of them. That was the best part.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

merlie wrote: »
    Anyone remember Cleeve's Toffee?

My Nana used to work in the factory in Limerick where it was made. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

those chocolate pretzels are still going strong in the states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

Club Source. Was a tasty flat drink.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭magconn

check out aquarterof.co.uk for some of your old favorites. no texan bars tho:(

Advertisement