Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download a Month Poll !

Options
  • 18-11-2008 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering what you all download, Over the past few weeks I've clocked up over 40gig and was wondering if this was big compared to the big downloaders lol

Download amounts 119 votes

less then 1 gig
    0% 0 votes
    1gig - - 5gig
    2% 3 votes
    6gig - - 10gig
    7% 9 votes
    11gig - - 20gig
    11% 14 votes
    21gig - - 50gig
    14% 17 votes
    51gig - - 100gig
    31% 37 votes
    100gig >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    32% 39 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

meh normally bout 3 or 4 gigs a month for meself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

seanybiker wrote: »
    meh normally bout 3 or 4 gigs a month for meself

ya didnt wait for me to finish the poll lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*shrug*

Depends really; might not see anything I like for ages but with NTL it doesn't appear to matter how much I dl in a month anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

How much do I download or whats my total downstream traffic per month? Which? I download about 30-50GB per month (rapidshare and torrents included), but my total traffic is another matter with a few pc's in the house, kids on Youtube, kids Stumbling, Last FM etc, nearer 100GB now on average, sometimes way over. Never an email from Eircom even so I don't bother checking anymore.

66937.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

12gb a month for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 hunter2008

for my bro's and me around 50gb per month but it depends also get capped :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Usually do about 6GB on O2, and about 350GB on Smart. Unlimited downloads rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Around 20-30GB p.m here, because of the Digiweb restrictions. It's shoite having to keep an eye on it, had it reset couple of months back as I was having problems and then agreed to buy an extra 10GB p.m allowing me 40, wow ... and now their traffic site is gone haywire and telling me I've downloaded 115GB ... lol. I wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Have absolutely no idea tbh. NTL 10mb, Shared between 3 of us in the house. 2 of us are very heavy users. I'd say personally, I would download in excess of 100gb a month.

Never had a peep out of ntl since the upgrade. Got a warning letter about 9mths ago on their 2mb package for downloading 66gb in a month. That was it though. Just a letter. They never actually did anything.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Capped with Digiweb but I dont go too wild, though sometime I really want to download something and if its big i may need to spread the DL over a couple of months which is a pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

i would say i easily hit ofer 180gbs+ a month.

thats just me though as there are a few others in the house but they dont use it has much.

simi* dont worry about ntl anymore, ever since the upgrade to a 20mb line there hasnt been a cap on the line and i dont thing the 10mb has one either.

ntl rule for there speed and an no cap.

cant ask for much more then that.

oh wait !!!!!!

MORE SPEED MAYBE!!!!!!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

minimum 150gb a month, depends on what i'm downloading.

upc 20mb, no cap. just beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I picked the second last option... but I can't be sure. Some months it could be 200GB+, some months it could be only a few GB's.

I don't know exactly because I also have the 20Mb/s UPC line which has no limit. I can finally download what I want when I want without having to care about some arbitrary cap

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm capped at 20gig (digiweb) but they'll let it slide to 25 or 27gig sometimes. I'd say I could easily be downloading 40gig given the chance. I keep meaning to get it upgraded. I have to spend at least 3 or 4 days restricted every month.

jayus I was worried about nothing then !! I thought with my 40gig+ a month,

How can you have 200gig to download lol... theres only so much stuff you could need lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

jor el wrote: »
    Usually do about 6GB on O2, and about 350GB on Smart. Unlimited downloads rule.
    How 350? even if i had unlimited dl and dl'd as much as i wanted i still wouldnt hit that mark :eek:

rejkin wrote: »
    How 350? even if i had unlimited dl and dl'd as much as i wanted i still wouldnt hit that mark :eek:

i know what ya mean lol...
    Like movies/Music/games !! theres only so much like...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Downloading everything in hd would easily hit that mark... i downloaded over 100gb a month on a crappy 3mb line cant wait for upc to finish the upgrades

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

Where do people put their downloads? Some of you appear to be downloading in excess of a terrabyte per year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

randomer wrote: »
    Where do people put their downloads? Some of you appear to be downloading in excess of a terrabyte per year!

A 1TB HD is only €90, thats 9cents per GB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

randomer wrote: »

Hmm u can also use whatever u download like movies then delete

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Spot the sore thumb in this thread ... Usually 1-5 GB a month. All heavy downloading down in uni. Don't bother with any dodgy downloads but steam a fair bit.

I remember my 1st PC (and remember i'm not as old as some boardsie's lol) it was 10GIG and the PC cost me £1700 (Irish Pounds) !!! Madness !!! I still remember the sales guy telling me "You'll never use that much space" hahaha

Now i've got 1 x 500BG in the PC and 2 x 750GB external. But i'm thinking of getting an New Internal one soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Hmm u can also use whatever u download like movies then delete

Also I use my 1TB external to store stuff :D

Especially after filling my 250GB external and my 250GB on laptop, I had to buy the 1TB drive :P

At the moment downloading about 27-28GB every 30 days because of Digiweb's cap restriction.

When I was with IBB, I was downloading probably close to 50GB a month but that includes the other people in the house too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

NeVeR wrote: »
    I remember my 1st PC (and remember i'm not as old as some boardsie's lol) it was 10GIG and the PC cost me £1700 (Irish Pounds) !!! Madness !!! I still remember the sales guy telling me "You'll never use that much space" hahaha

Now i've got 1 x 500BG in the PC and 2 x 750GB external. But i'm thinking of getting an New Internal one soon.

pfft you young person, try no hard drive :)
    Had a Pentium 90 up until recently with a 500MB hard drive, ah those were the days

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Varies massively.

Some months I've gone over 100gigs, this month I've only just broken 10.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

how the devil do you know how much you use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭bmcgrath

I hit 71gb down and 20 up last month.......
    Oooops! :D

Normally hovers around the 50gb down and 10 up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Don't really know nor care as on Smart and no need to bother with CAPs, couldn't even tell you how to find out as don't think they've bothered to put a meter on their site.

MC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭bmcgrath

Well I've no limits in Digiweb either but I check it towards the end of the month usually just to see what the stats are like.
    Digiweb make it really easy to check your stats.

Advertisement