Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 3D camera?

Options
  • 18-11-2008 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Football manager games and actually being able to view what your players are doing.....Not always the most pleasant experience and can turn an already frustrating game into one that poses a risk to the safety of your computer and windows in your house.

I remember when the top down 2D view first came into FM (or possibly CM at the time) - he's through 1 on 1 with the keeper...but wait! He's running towards the corner flag with 3 defenders chasing him down but a long way behind..........And he's put the ball out for a goal kick.

So what is it like watching in 3D? Graphics good? And what about player movements / skills?

Just before I invest in reinforced windows and the game itself :D

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

There's a few vids up on Youtbe. Here's some:

So far, I like the 3D bit. It's a lot better than the old way but it's still frustrating to watch.

It is impressive to see some of the goals though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

It's not bad if you can get it running smoothly but I still find myself switching back to 2D when I need to see a problem with my tactic as the 3D angles just don't seem intuitive for this aspect of the game.
    Once you're stomping the opposition I'm sure it'll look great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

The 3d match engine is extremely irritating, the mistakes of your players in 3d are multiplied so much more because you can see what they actually did wrong, like the defense strolling around the penalty area when clearly a big ass lanky bastid is approaching the ball that's bobbing around your goal...

Advertisement