Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Just watched The Wrestler again, forgot how much i actually enjoyed the soundtrack to it. 80s Hair metal heaven. :)

yeah you are right, brilliant soundtrack! and i love the boss' song for it too!
    Just had a look at the line-up. Rich Hall would be interesting to see live, must tell my bro about it actually, I think he has one of his CDs in his collection lol.

I'm going to see Michael McIntyre in Cork in two weeks time. Bought his live DVD a few weeks back and have yet to watch it.

ive seen rich so many times, he never fails to be brilliant! im goin again!

mcintyres dvd is the fastest selling debut comedy dvd of all time, and for good reason! it's solid gold!
    Rjd2 wrote: »
    I would like to see Rich Hall but everyone who I know who seen him came back with bad reviews. :(

well then everyone you know doesnt know anything about comedy!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

yeah you are right, brilliant soundtrack! and i love the boss' song for it too!

Never made it to the OST though. Springsteen kept it for his own album.

Never made it to the OST though. Springsteen kept it for his own album.

:eek: no way?! thats rediculous! i have it anyway coz i got working on a dream when it came out! that makes no sence, its not like they couldnt have been on both albums. (chris cornell you know my name as a case in point)

:eek: no way?! thats rediculous! i have it anyway coz i got working on a dream when it came out! that makes no sence, its not like they couldnt have been on both albums. (chris cornell you know my name as a case in point)

Record company could have told the movie company to f*ck off and Springsteen may not have had a say in it. Tracklist as follows:

1 Quiet Riot - Bang Your Head (Metal Health) 5:33
    2 Cinderella - Dont Know What You Got 5:52
    3 Birdman & Lil Wayne - Stuntin LIke My Daddy 4:28
    4 Firehouse - Dont Walk Away 4:32
    5 Rhino Bucket - Soundtrack To A War: Welcome To Hell 4:10
    6 Solomon - Blowin Up 3:36
    7 Dead Family - Mirror 4:43
    8 Ratt - Round & Round 4:23
    9 Slaughter - Dangerous 3:48
    10 Ratt - Im Insane 3:14
    11 Accept - Balls To The Walls 5:43
    12 Scorpions - Animal Magnetism 5:57

Could live without Lil Wayne and Soloman on there personally, also Bang Your Head is a 2006 remake before DuBrow overdosed, and a bad one at that. What was wrong with the original??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I am watching Glastonbury on the telly, its impossible to gauge a festival on a few hours of selected highlights but christ it has been poor. The presenters apart from the awesome Mark Radcliffe are terrible, Jo Whiley and Lauren Laverne are dreadful and the music has been poor. This Lady Boots girl is absurdly mediocre which is sad as her reviews were very positive. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

ive seen rich so many times, he never fails to be brilliant! im goin again!

mcintyres dvd is the fastest selling debut comedy dvd of all time, and for good reason! it's solid gold!

Good to know :) Would have only really seen McIntyre on mock the week and some youtube clips that one of my friends sent along. Must definitely check it out his DVD this week though.

On a comedy note, went to see Andrew Maxwell lately, I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I honestly hadn't laughed so much in a while, as i did at his show.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

is that the american bloke?

C-B-G wrote: »
    is that the american bloke?

Nah, he's British. He's been on the likes of Mock the Week, 8 out of 10 Cats, & Have I Got News for You...among others.

michael-mcintyre.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Rich Hall...I'm tempted to go see that. His bit on Tom Cruise is fecking brilliant. For anyone who never seen it before it's here at about 3:04:

I laughed so hard first time I saw this.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Seen a few "music" videos from this crowd on YouTube recently...The Lonely Island (Maybe you all heard of them and I'm only seeing their stuff now!). Some funny videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwbxEfy7fg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU&feature=PlayList&p=1F2822353282D306&index=0&playnext=1

I have to blame Kane for introducing me to The Lonely Island...he keeps singing the words of the Jizz in my pants (need I say anymore!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

It's a catchy song, what can I say? :)

brolly wrote: »
    Seen a few "music" videos from this crowd on YouTube recently...The Lonely Island (Maybe you all heard of them and I'm only seeing their stuff now!). Some funny videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwbxEfy7fg

Have listened to their album once or twice, some funny stuff...Get to hear Natalie Portman in a way you'd never hear her before :pac:.
    As for the above song...anyone see Forest Whitaker performing it at the MTV movie awards? :eek:

Good to know :) Would have only really seen McIntyre on mock the week and some youtube clips that one of my friends sent along. Must definitely check it out his DVD this week though.

On a comedy note, went to see Andrew Maxwell lately, I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I honestly hadn't laughed so much in a while, as i did at his show.

yeah mcintyre really isnt given as much screen time as i would like on mock the week he doesnt get to stretch this comedic mind! you will love the gig!

maxwell i think is brilliant, seen him a few times but there is nothing like being at maxwells fullmooners (starts at midnight, ends at 3am) comedy, music, and breakdancin and everyone is drunk....such a brilliant night but has only been in ireland once! :(
    Rich Hall...I'm tempted to go see that. His bit on Tom Cruise is fecking brilliant. For anyone who never seen it before it's.

last year at the bulmers fest it was requested, he did abotu a 10 minute rant about "im not a fcukin comedy jukebox" then came out as his second encore and started with "so....tom cruise..." such a legend
    brolly wrote: »

I have to blame Kane for introducing me to The Lonely Island...

you can never blame anyone for introducin you to the lonely island, you should be thankin him! i saw their stuff on snl befor they became huge, so damn funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

maxwell i think is brilliant, seen him a few times but there is nothing like being at maxwells fullmooners (starts at midnight, ends at 3am) comedy, music, and breakdancin and everyone is drunk....such a brilliant night but has only been in ireland once! :(

I was at that Fullmooners gig, one of the most random nights of my life. Did a gig in the Inter, headed to Vicar Street after and blagged myself and a girl I met at my gig into the Fullmooners for free, ended up having a beer and a chat with Steve Hughes, Indian food with the girl after and then when I walked her home after she flashed me as she went in the door.

Good night out that :)

orestes wrote: »
    I was at that Fullmooners gig, one of the most random nights of my life. Did a gig in the Inter, headed to Vicar Street after and blagged myself and a girl I met at my gig into the Fullmooners for free, ended up having a beer and a chat with Steve Hughes, Indian food with the girl after and then when I walked her home after she flashed me as she went in the door.

Good night out that :)

now that sounds like an awesome night!! i remember howlong all the way down dame street with people leavin the gig who i had never met before scarin the fcuk out of the majority of people who had no idea what was goin on! :pac:

i was in london for the full mooners moontacula, they reopened a building that hadnt been open for 96 years (assummed haunted) stage was so old and hard that the breakdancers were hurting themselves on it, glenn wool was the highlight of the night, tore the roof off the place then left us all in a deserted area of london howling, with maxwell leadin the charge which was great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I see Mr Flahavaj has been re instated to the forum. I for one welcome him back. Glad to see he was vindicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I'm happy to have him back too, and again I apologise to everyone for the mess and to flahavaj personally for the misunderstanding, welcome back man and I hope there are no hard feelings :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'm happy to have him back too, and again I apologise to everyone for the mess and to flahavaj personally for the misunderstanding, welcome back man and I hope there are no hard feelings :)

Thank you orestes. I'm glad this whole sorry mess has been sorted out for once and all. Thank you for the dignified and polite way you've dealt with this whole thing both on Helpdesk and via PM and your apology of course is accepted.

Oh and thanks to my friends Gerard C, pingu_girl and gimmick who alerted me to this problem in the first place, spoke up on my behalf, believed my side of the story when no-one else did and had my back throughout.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Welcome back flahavaj, it would have been a much duller PW board without you Sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

Welcome back :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

just had a good rofl at the 'is wrestling a sport' discussion breaking out on the Man utd superthread of all places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

paranoid+android.jpg

Thoughts? Apparently it is an emo staple?

oh emo, why are you so sad and bitter? Can you not realise that you are loved by someone? Possibly loved to much?

Emo amuses me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Just for the people talking about the Carlsberg Comedy Festival. I was looking at heading in but its 30 quid a ticket for 2 hours. Some of the acts are great but not worth an hour each. Really wanted to see Bo Burnham, David O Doherty, Tim Minchin and a few others but for that price youtube will have to do.

Since I was the one who pulled the trigger on this ban initially, I'd also like to publically apologise. My apologise for the lateness, but I'm only back from a stags party after spending all night playing (and losing at) poker.

I hope there's no hard feelings. It appeared to be a breach, i acted on it, and I probably acted too hastily, so again flahavaj, I'm sorry.

Oh on a happier note, because it was a special occasion tonight... here goes.
    *hic!*

Threw this in here because i didn't feel that it warranted it's own thread.

But i'm done guys.

It's been a fun three months, it's been fun being around for Mania, helping getting the Irish Promotions sticky lively again (although Dean and Cannibal take a fair share of the credit for that too), getting the nostalgia thread going, and even temporarily bringing the wrestling quiz thread back to life, and let's not forget the wiki.

More importantly, it's been fun doing my bit to raise the forum back from the dead.
    But my work's done, really. There's nothing left for me to do, and orestes has done a great job fitting back into the glove. That i think it's time to go back to plan A. It's been fun, stressful, headache inducing, and hilarious all at the same time. I've lost some friends in that time, made a rake of new ones in their place, so the trade off was worth it.

So whatever happens next, well... it's PW, is there ever a dull moment? Time will tell.

So long!
    Shaun M. Neary

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Your not disappearing forever are ya :(... Ah your a legend mate hope you are sticking around.

Hope you do stick around Shaun, would be a shame to lose you as a poster as well :(:(:(

Don't think the place was ever so active as it was when you were mod, so fair play for all the work you put in, and thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You were a fine mod SR! Fair play but I hope this isn't the end of ShawnRaven posting in PW. We can't afford to lose any of more posters really.

Thanks for the hard work from everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

It was only a matter of time before Flahavaj was unbanned in fairness. Imagine not having him on here! Scary thoughts. Welcome back ya boy ya

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Threw this in here because i didn't feel that it warranted it's own thread.

But i'm done guys.

It's been a fun three months, it's been fun being around for Mania, helping getting the Irish Promotions sticky lively again (although Dean and Cannibal take a fair share of the credit for that too), getting the nostalgia thread going, and even temporarily bringing the wrestling quiz thread back to life, and let's not forget the wiki.

More importantly, it's been fun doing my bit to raise the forum back from the dead.
    But my work's done, really. There's nothing left for me to do, and orestes has done a great job fitting back into the glove. That i think it's time to go back to plan A. It's been fun, stressful, headache inducing, and hilarious all at the same time. I've lost some friends in that time, made a rake of new ones in their place, so the trade off was worth it.

So whatever happens next, well... it's PW, is there ever a dull moment? Time will tell.

So long!
    Shaun M. Neary

Cheers SR! for a fun 3 months...best of luck with the rest of your studies etc and I hope you will continue to be a regular poster on PW!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement